13 | confusions and no solutions

"Kashmakash main hai ab zindagi, raahon ka ab kuch pata nahi"

~ Meher ~

Mumbai, India

The date was a failure. Terrible, if I may add.

I don't think it was a wise decision considering that Abhi's death anniversary was nearby and I wouldn't be in my right mind.

We went to a café and we spoke for a good long time. But something did not click. We came to a mutual decision that we were better off as friends.

It was a pity that we couldn't give some spice to the paparazzi who were in the café acting as if they were not trying to spy on us.

And then, my mind drifted to Kabir's proposal. I mean, who in their sane mind asks your enemy to marry you?

Kabir confused me. He always did. I did not know what had gotten into me when I told him what I was getting out of that marriage, as if I was actually considering it.

Actually, I did consider it. I am still considering it. No, I don't like him. It's because this relationship would give me an escape from people's questions, a freedom and there would be no expectations.

I was tired of people asking me questions. I was tired of feeling that I should be answerable to them about my life choices. Marriage may not be the right way out for escaping problems but this proposal was a win-win for me.

At least to the point where I wouldn't be bothered for quite a while.

When I had nothing to answer, I ran away. Always had. I ran to Bangalore for my masters. I ran away to the US.

But now, I can't run away. I was feeling suffocated. Mom was searching for potential grooms for me as if finding a life partner was the only important thing in one's life.

Kabir was serious about the proposal. He wanted to become the CEO. It was his dream.

And I trusted Kabir when it came to our business. He was the best of the lot and as a member of the board, I would vote for him, without thinking twice.

But the thing was, he hated me and he had a valid reason, then why choose someone who infuriates you?

Did I hate Kabir? He wasn't that significant in my life with whom I associate emotions with.

But, he made me curious.

He had always made me curious. Maybe it was a thing where you get curious about brooding men.

Kabir was the kind of person who would first tell you why he hates you and then keep on hating you. He was honest.

He already hated me before I arrived in Mumbai. I had seen that in his eyes. I had felt it and that made me curious. I had spent days wondering about the possible reasons but never came up with the right answer. And then there was one day where he told me and I ridiculed him for that.