17 | complications

"Na jaane kaisi hai yeh zindagi,
pal mein sab kuch badal deti hai aur humein fasaa deti hai"

"Na jaane kaisi hai yeh zindagi, pal mein sab kuch badal deti hai aur humein fasaa deti hai"

~ Kabir ~

Mumbai, India

I walked out of the room as the doctors entered, who wanted to check up on her vitals. Thank god that I had pressed the emergency switch as she was too weak at the moment.

I sent a message to Aryan asking him to tell everyone that Meher was awake. Now that Meher is awake, she would look for answers. Answers for the questions that we ourselves had not been able to get.

We were too close to our goal, we just wanted a name but before that could happen, this incident occurred.

My phone pinged again and I saw Aryan's name flashing on the Whatsapp notification.

The work's done now. Sahil has been transferred to the hospital in Chicago. Dr. Crawford will take care of the rest.

I breathed a sigh of relief. Sahil was alive and breathing, just not in consciousness. He was in Coma, with no idea of when he would be waking up. Sahil had hit the back of his head somehow, maybe during getting out of the car and that caused internal bleeding which took a long operation to get treated.

He had no other injuries, except for a few scratches here and there. It was Meher who got badly injured in that accident.

Thankfully, the police contacted me first because I was the last person to talk to Sahil. Meher's phone was completely crushed, but Sahil's was working.

It took money and power to declare Sahil dead, even though he was alive just for his security. If certain people even had a whim of his survival, they would come back again. So it was necessary to keep him under wraps, to give the impression to everyone that he was dead.

And to do that, Aryan just made a few calls to the media house to cover the news very efficiently, to give the impression that it was a tragic accident and all of us were pretty shocked by it.

But keeping Sahil here meant bringing more trouble. William Carter, the CEO of Millenium and Co, Meher's boss and a very close acquaintance of mine helped with issuing Sahil's emergency visa and shifted him to the US on that very night of the accident itself.

But the problem didn't end there. We could never let Meher know that Sahil was possibly alive and is present in some corner of the world. She was reckless. Even if we asked her not to find him for his safety, she would do the complete opposite thing as there was no trust between us.

And with this incident, Meher had put herself at risk as well. Sahil and Meher were together before the accident, which can arouse suspicion of them working together. There was a possibility that she might get attacked again just to close the mouth of the last person who saw that it wasn't an accident but a planned murder.