11 | mini miny moe

"Woh cheez jise dil kehte hain,
Hum bhool gaye hai usay rakh ke kahin."

~ Meher ~

~ Meher ~

Mumbai, India

I thought I had lost my head at twenty five. Kabir Raizada asking me about my well being was the last thing that would come to my imagination. I stared at the message for a solid ten minutes, I counted it by the way, but I couldn't help not stare at it.

This was such an alien thing to me. Every day you are not used to your arch nemesis asking about your well being. Well, this was fishy. Did he want something from me? Even if he did, there was no way he would be so polite.

I kept the message unanswered and quickly typed Ahaan a yes. Another ping came in a millisecond. Damn, that guy was on his phone the entire time. Obviously, I mean it must be nerve wracking for him.

I checked his message.

How about tomorrow?

I bit my bottom lip. Tomorrow was Tara's death anniversary. There was no way I could go tomorrow.

I quickly wrote another message.

How about the day after?

A thumbs up reaction to my message answered the question. So I had a date, a real one.

I did not know how to feel about it. I think it is sometimes okay to feel about yourself, second chances are always nice. The pain of losing Abhimanyu would never go away but maybe finding a companion and sharing the pain would help me reduce it to an extent.

I did not know why but I sometimes felt like having a partner can be nice. Like sharing your entire day with him during the night or just talking in general.

But then again, there were times when I thought that I could manage well without a partner just fine. Well, if anytime I felt that I am alone, I could always adopt a baby and raise them.

But in every thought of mine, the thought of having love and romance was always on the backseat. Even if I was finding a partner, I was not sure if I was looking for love. I don't think there are second chances in love.

Will there be a person who could just offer to be my partner rather than find love in our relationship?

Probably not.

Love and trust were the most basic things in a relationship.

A snap of fingers made me come back to my senses. I looked up to see Aryan, his toothy Colgate smile seemed weird to me.

I flicked my finger over his teeth. He winced as he tried to hold his mouth. I held back from laughing lowkey, preventing him from being offended.

"Let's go," I linked my arm with his, picking my bag from the desk as we made our way out of the office.