Chapter 86: Unexpected Events 1

Start from the beginning

What? What do you mean? Hehe..."

Arisa! Who is it?!", Tomoka shouted downstairs.

„Mr. Alien. He brought something important.", I shouted back to her.

„Be prepared to run."

I suggested and winked at him.

Tomoka got downstairs and gave him a scary look.

Hopefully I didn't interrupt anything important."

She was looking at him and kept being silent.

Ah... I am really sorry. But your mood will surely improve when you learn why I came. May I go inside?"

Why?"

It's related to your mother."

Tomoka's mood suddenly changed and she looked more willing to let him live.

Oh... fine. Come upstairs. Arisa, you too."

„Sure."

Karex followed Tomoka upstairs and I walked behind him.

Sit down anywhere you want.", uttered Tomoka toward Karex when we arrived to our living room.

Thanks."

He sat down to the chair and I sat next to Tomoka on our sofa.

It is quite comfortable."

You bought it for us, didn't you? And it is surely not the topic you wanted to talk about, so go to the point... you mentioned my mother. So, what did you find?"

Tomoka still looked upset.

Ah, sure... where should I start... don't you have a glass of water... and some cake would be nice too."

I thought you wanted to tell me something... not come to eat?! Or is that a joke? I am not in mood for such jokes today."

I just thought, that it might be easier to talk when I can eat something... don't you have at least a piece of strawberry cake?"

No. And why strawberries?"

Then banana cake. Do you have one here?"

No. We have no cakes here. If you want one then you should bring it yourself."

I see... then you are lucky. I have one in my car. Arisa... can you bring it here? Here is the car key."

He said and handed me a key.

It's on the rear seat... in that yellow box... not the red one. There is something related to my recent case, so be sure to bring the right one. And do not try to look into any other things, they might scare you."

„Oh, sure."

Can't you bring it yourself if you want to eat it so much?", interrupted him Tomoka.

Mmm... no. I have a feeling, that you could lock the door immediately after I would get outside."

(She wouldn't surely do that.)

True.", replied Tomoka.

But then you would not learn this info about your mother..."

You could just give me a call."

Mmm... that is right.... Oh... Arisa, why are you still here?", said Karex.

I got outside and opened his car. There were several boxes... two on the rear seat and one big blue on the seat next to the driver.

I am curious... just touching it will not hurt, right? It is big... so, is it also heavy?

I slightly touched it.

Grrrr..."

„Huh?!"

(What the hell is inside that box? It is really better to not touch anything here.)

I grabbed the yellow box and ran back upstairs.

Oh, Arisa... you are finally here. Cut it to pieces and give one also to Tomoka and one to yourself. Why are you so pale? Did anything happen? Oh... you didn't try to touch that big blue box right?"

I looked at him still in shock.

„Why? What is that?"

Just a small kitty I found on the road while driving here."

(Kitty?! That was surely something bigger than little kitty! But I will rather not ask.)

I cut the cake and gave everyone one small piece.

Thanks. Now where did I stop? So... you can contact her. Or shall I help you with it?", he told Tomoka.

(I see... so they already talked about something.)

„Contact who?"

My mother, she..."

You can talk later, when I am away. Now eat the cake... then I will have to leave. There is still a lot of work I need to do today."

„Oh, okay..."

It's a cake with cream layer in the middle and small strawberries put on the top.

„Mmm... it's delicious."

Thanks, I cooked it myself.", replied Karex.

Really?", added Tomoka when she also tasted it.

Yes."

Is it poisoned?"

Of course not! Why would I do that?"

Tomoka didn't reply and I also had no comment about it.

(Being it poisoned is really nonsense. What reason he would h...)

(Why do I suddenly feel so sleepy?)

(Was it really...)