20❤️

1 week later

1 week later

December 25, 2023

I, woke up on Christmas morning feeling a mix of emotions. It was a  Christmas planned with one of my closest friends and with Zaire, and I was still trying to process the pain of his betrayal. But I was determined to put on a brave face and enjoy the day with Zoey and her family.

Even when my parents were alive I always spend time with her and her family at some point in the year, this year I chose Christmas.

Did outside all summer

As I got dressed and headed downstairs, the aroma of jerk chicken and curry goat filled the air, making my stomach growl with hunger. Zoey's mom, Miss Debbie, greeted me with a warm hug and a "Merry Christmas, sweetie!" Her dad, Mr. Brown, gave me a gentle pat on the back, and her little brother, Kayden, ran up to me with a big smile, exclaiming, "Sky! Sky! Santa come fi yuh!" I shook my head and laughed at his theatrics

Likkle pickney annoying sometime essi.. thank god mi a the youngest sibling.

We spent the morning opening gifts, and in the evening we played games and then watched a movie now I'm in Zoey's room chilling with her and even though I'm trying my hardest to act okay, somehow Zoey knew that I wasn't.

"Ahh talk, since mi affi drag it outta yuh." She says now giving me her full attention.

"Yah talk boh?" I asked trying to play dumb

"Sky stop ramp wid mi." She glared at me

I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "Girl mi nuh know.....mi feel soo fucking betrayed dwq by the two a dem, Yuh know mi did a feel Zaire and fi know seh a Aliyah a one of the girl dem Cah mi neva get fi figure out who a the next one..."

"Mi get whe yah seh ahd yuh deserve so much better than dat. Yuh need someone who'll love an' respect yuh fi who yuh are and not whe yuh can offer"

"Mi nuh wah yuh waste the rest yuh holiday a sulk pon it, it a give off granny vibes and mi nuh like dat." She states trying to lighten the mood and it worked because I did laugh.

the conversation turned lighter And I knew that with Zoey by my side, I'd get through this heartbreak and come out stronger on the other side. We joined the rest of the family around the table for dinner.

After dinner, we lounged around the living room, sipping hot chocolate and singing along to Christmas music. I felt a sense of peace wash over me. Maybe this Christmas wouldn't be so bad after all.

Zoey pulled out her phone and started playing some dancehall music, and we all got up to dance.

Mi rate how har parents dem nuh act old and mek we enjoy ourselves.

Cyah play any and anything inna dem house tho.

As the night wore on, we settled down to watch a Christmas movie, and I snuggled up close to Zoey on the couch.