In that new bed, you told him about your dreams. You told him why you chose the medical field, and he laughed so hard when you said the sole reason was your love of scrubs. He was expecting you to give a grandiose and noble reason like the other doctors, but then he realized that your difference from the others was what attracted him to you in the first place.

You watched the stars from the gable window as you lay on the bed. Silence enveloped your endless questions before he told you that his dream was to become an artist. It no longer shocked you as much now that you knew he played the violin. What shocked you was that his love for painting was so serious that he even studied it. He told you that business wasn't something he wanted to pursue, but his father was so adamant that he had to drop out from La Sorbonne to study business administration. He spared you the details of how his father persuaded him to drop out. He felt that such a beautiful night should not be tainted with the ugliness of his past. You asked to see his work, but he couldn't tell you that his father had torn them all down, but he promised to paint something for you.

"Let me guess," you offered as you stood outside the lounge where you were supposed to meet Jungkook and Seokjin to celebrate your checkmate. It was chic. Black and gold lined the edges of the glass wall that showed the inside of the venue. The interior was dim. Banker lamps stood on the small accent tables next to the plush armchairs to accentuate the vintage, classy vibe the place wanted to portray. "Jungkook chose the place."

Taehyung's grin was a reply of sorts. "I'm starting to think you guys spend so much time together to the point of knowing him better than you know your husband. I'm not sure what to make of that."

"That's true. Unfortunately."

When you entered the lounge, you were greeted by exactly what you expected: a mix of nu jazz and bossa nova. You'd insult Jungkook right and straight when you'd get the time. Of all the places he could have chosen for a celebration, he had picked this place. It wasn't bad. But it wasn't good either. It was the perfect place for business people to unwind after a long day of meetings. The perfect atmosphere to discuss new business ventures, too. To put it mildly, it was not the place where you would consume alcohol. It would get stuck in your throat. It would have no effect. But when you turned to see if Taehyung was next to you as you walked towards Jungkook and Seokjin and saw the look in his eyes, you realized you were already drunk on such a sweet and rare drink. You didn't need to get any more intoxicated if you wanted to keep up your image. So yes, you would spare Jungkook your rant now and later as well.

Taehyung let you go first for two reasons: the first was the obvious one. He was a gentleman, even if you would have had a different opinion a year ago. The second reason was actually pretty simple. He liked what he saw. He liked it so much. Your dress sparkled as much as your eyes did when you looked at him. It fit you like a glove. It showed off your curves and every detail that he had seen, touched, molded, and breathed his feelings into. Mind you, he wouldn't share that thought with you now, but he probably would later in the cocoon of your new favorite room.

"Here come our new, young, and handsome biggest shareholder and our smart doctor. The winning players."

Taehyung leaned on the counter of the bar and instructed the waiter, "An amaretto and a pornstar martini, please." He glanced at Jungkook, who was still spreading his arms, waiting for a hug that would never come. "And give this man some tap water, please." He added. "I'm not taking him home," he warned Seokjin with a serious tone.

"Well, I take back the title of handsome. Young is all you're going to get." Jungkook replied, "Doctor, how about we drop him off at home and go celebrate? We don't need a gloomy creature with us on a nice night like this. It's bad luck."

"Yeah, let me second that real quick. I won't be taking him home, either. I've had my fair share." Seokjin sat down at the counter with Taehyung, patted him on the shoulder, and pursued, "You're free, my pal. How does that feel?"