Checkmate

Candidate Kim Jung-Il, known as the country's most popular congressman and party leader, is rumored to hold the reins of his company still

Candidate Kim Jung-Il, known as the country's most popular congressman and party leader, is rumored to hold the reins of his company still. Goryo Holdings, which has been handed over to his eldest and only son, Kim Taehyung, who has been running the company for more than four years, is now speculated to be a big theatrical play, and the real leader is well hidden behind the curtains. SBS Korea.

Is Kim Taehyung really the chairman and major shareholder of Goryo Holdings, or is he just a puppet whose strings are pulled by Kim Jung-Il? MBC Korea.

Kim Jung-Il is reportedly the largest shareholder of Goryo Holdings, overtaking his son, Chairman Kim Taehyung, raising questions about the transparency of his politics and overall work in the leading party." FORBES magazine.

The TV became a hindrance, so did the sounds, and every movement of any animate or inanimate object brought a sense of suffocation over Taehyung. Every word was supposed to bring him the kind of pleasure that only revenge could bring, and he wouldn't deny that it had indeed brought that too, but not only that. Taehyung felt insulted, reduced to nothingness not just by his father's harsh words and pointed index finger; he was insulted and pitied by the nation, a child in adults' game.

The tie flew open in seconds as he clutched the remote so tightly it would have choked if it had lungs, a cigarette lit between his fingers and nearly crumbled to ash before he could savor its tar, and a few buttons of his white dress shirt undone while his eyes followed the news without blinking, his mouth pinched shut and his brows drawn into a frown that deepened when he read the news briefs.

You did it; what he couldn't, you have done it. You checkmated his father, him too in the process, and he didn't know whether to appreciate your opera or despise you for it.

Jungkook made his way inside Taehyung's office with steady steps and confident breaths, hands filling his pockets, and tie as neat as ever, the scent of his cologne leaving traces of a decent man to be gossiped about. He sat down on the couch, and his presence went unnoticed by the owner of the office, who was still staring at the screen with the same furious eyes and furrowed eyebrows: "She's a top tier, isn't she now?"

"How did that happen?" Taehyung asked without turning around to acknowledge his friend with a glance, and the latter understood without needing further explanation.

"It's quite disturbing how the solution lay between our hands all these years and yet went unnoticed," Jungkook began, crossing one leg over the other as he began his explanation, "it's an insult to our intelligence, but still welcome if it means liberation, isn't it?"

"JUNGKOOK!" Taheyung's voice was loud and clear, a declaration that more than thoroughly described his condition, and if that wasn't enough, the thud of his palms on the oak surface of his desk cleared the way to clarify his words, "I do not need celebrations, I need, and I think I deserve explanations about the work you engaged in; so go ahead; I'm listening."