I pound my fists against the door, all my muscles already crippling with fear. “Help me! Please, anyone!”

I try my luck once again and almost fell to my knees in relief when I heard a swift ‘click’. Right after I pushed the door open, a hand clamps over my mouth to prevent me from screaming. The man kicks the door shut and pushes my body against the closed door, his hand still firmly rooted in its task to prevent me from yelling out for help. But what good would that do me? Absolutely nothing. No one was here. Except me and this psychopath.

Anxiety captured my heart and tears fell freely from my eyes. How am I so goddamn unfortunate? I’m going to be….once again….defiled.

I feel rough hands grope my breast, squeezing hard, making me wrench over in disgust. They slowly slid down my chest, down my stomach, and got to the waistline of my……

My eyes shot open in panic, all the breath vacates my lungs despite the oxygen masks over my face. I hear a loud beeping sound as I struggle to sit up on the bed, ignoring the stabbing pain that shot through my entire chest.

“Mom,” I hear a soft voice calling to me but I was too far gone in the fear that consumed my whole being to decipher who the voice belonged to.

All I was more focused on right now was getting away from that man before he does something much more terrible to me. I don’t think I will be able to survive another heavy blow to my shredded dignity. I’m still on the path of moving on from what happened years ago. I can’t. I just can’t take it anymore.

“Mom, please calm down.” I hear that calming yet familiar voice once again before it becomes alarmed. “Mom? What are you doing?”

The voice seemed to be coming from a great distance—one that my senses wasn’t too keen to focus on or try to figure out what that person was talking about or who the person was talking to.

I rip the IV sticking out of my arm and removed the oxygen mask from my face, scrambling away from the bed, I felt another immense pain throbbing in my chest—the pain so massive it threatened to make me to succumb to defeat….but defeat was the furthest thing in my mind at this very moment.

When my feet met the slightly cold hardwood floor, my legs gave out because of how weak I felt but before I landed on the ground, I felt small arms encircle around my waist. The person wasn’t strong to keep me upright but they were doing a great job in making sure I didn’t collapse like a house of cards but I could tell that they were struggling a great deal.

My vision was hazy and a mesh of colors that didn’t make any sense to me. But my anxiety had reached its peak. All I wanted to do was get away from that man.

What if he’s actually the one holding me?

It couldn’t be him.

If he is the one, I wouldn’t feel so safe and comfortable in their arms. The sense of familiarity that washed over me eradicated all thoughts of me being in the arms of my rapist.

“Please, don’t let him touch me.” I plead to whoever is in my presence, tears forming in my eyes.

“Who are you talking about, mom?” The person speaks again, guiding us down to a sitting position on the hardwood floor.

“He will try to take advantage of me again. Please don’t let him come close to me.” I cry, images of that incident flashing before my eyes. Fear creeps up my spine and that sickening feeling stabbing away in my stomach intensifies.

I hear a quiet sniffle accompanied by words of reassurance. “I promise you, mom. I won’t let him hurt you again no matter what.”

I cling to those words desperately like my whole life depends on it as the darkness decides to plunge me to its deepest and darkest depth. The sound of a door bursting open and hurried footsteps is all I hear as I slipped out of consciousness.