14

I feel paralyzed to the ground

I want to scream so loud, cry or plead for mercy, but I can't do any of those things. It's like my lips are sealed shut. No matter how hard I try, I can't open them to yell for help like I want to. My eyes burn so bad from the tears that's just begging to come out and my lungs constrict over and over again for lack of oxygen.

I feel his hands roam around my body, touching me in all the inappropriate places, violating me, stripping me of my dignity....my pride.

I should stop him. I should kick him off of me. Yet, my body remains unmoving.

I start to hyperventilate. I can't breathe. My heart pounds harshly in my chest, threatening to burst from its confines.

All I feel right now is soul crushing pain and.....I want it to end. I can't take it anymore.

The world around me begins to blur, the colour being stripped out and turning into one big hazy mess. The silhouette before me fades away, the darkness engulfing it into it's depth and suddenly.......

My eyes flies open, a loud gasp emanating from my lips as I quickly sit up on the bed and glance around the familiar surroundings of my bedroom with my hand clutching my chest tightly.

I breathe out a sigh of relief when I realize I'm alone.

It was just a dream.

The bright morning sunlight flooding through the window, illuminating every inch and corner of my room blinded me for a few seconds, a hiss slipping past my lips from the sting.

I rub my eyes repeatedly for some sort of relief before my vision adjusted to the light. But, of course my suffering didn't end there.

"Oh, God." I groan at the migraine that kicked in. Grabbing my head with both hands, I fall back to the bed with a soft thump which aggravated the incessant pounding.

Something on my nightstand catches my eyes. I begrudgingly sit up again to see a glass of water and ibuprofen. I ignore the random suspicious question in my head and toss the pill into my mouth before drinking the water.

Putting the empty glass away, I massage my Temple and try to recall what happened last night as the migraine gradually fades away.

Images of everything that transpired between me, Aran and that man—what's his name again? Oh yeah, Ryan, flashes right before my closed eyelids.

God, I'm such an idiot.

I shouldn't have let loose last night. And because of my stupidity, I almost got raped.

Regardless of the disappointment I felt towards myself and the humiliation, I get out of bed and make the short trip over to my bathroom to go freshen up.