XVII

Authors note
Hi friends! I just wanted to say a big thank you to all who have read my stories, it means a lot. We hit 5k reads on White Noise and I am forever thankful. 🖤 x I hope you are still enjoying this one and let me know what you think!

Avery's POV

Tonight is Nadia and Spencer's annual Merry Axe-Mas party and it is always a great time. Last year Noah and I went separately and barely speaking, but this year I will get to have the most amazing date once again.

I know Noah does not care for holidays much but he knows I do, and has made it clear this will be the best holiday yet. We all have been to hell and back this year and I just want to end it on a good note.

"Noah, can you help me zip up my dress, please?" I call as I walk out of the bathroom in my satin spaghetti strapped red dress and heels to match. I start to giggle and blush at the look on his face. I turn around and lift my curly hair out of the way.

"Holy hell. Avery, how do you expect us to leave this room with you looking like that?" He gushes las he traces his fingertips along my shoulder blades before zipping up the dress. "I should be doing the opposite of zipping it up.." He growls in a low husky tone in my voice.

"Noah.." I send out a warning ignoring the wetness pooling below. "Do not even start. The sitter will be here any moment." I pull away and he playfully pout forcing an eye roll from me.

We finally found a sitter for Sloane that not only do we love, but she loves. We went through interviews and background checks making sure we pick someone safe and trustworthy. I absolutely refuse daycare, and Noah agrees and understands why.

There is a small knock on the door and I give Noah a smile before heading downstairs to greet Sarah.

"Hey! Thank you so much for watching Sloane tonight. Come in!"

"Hey, Sarah. How are you?" Noah greets and thank her as he gathers his things and attempts to usher me out the door.

When we arrive to Nadia and Spencer's house, the entire front of the house is completely decked out. "They never miss do they?" He smiles. He opens my car door for me. Noah looks so handsome in his button down blood red dress shirt and his black slacks.

I tug lightly on his dress shirt and freeze before we enter their house remembering that we haven't told them, well, anything yet. The last time we saw Spencer and Nadia was a month ago when Sloane was hospitalized. It's not that we did not want to see each other, we have just been stupid busy with us worrying about Sloane and Bad Omens trying to finish their project, me trying to work and Nadia and Spencer working as well.

"Were we keeping this a secret?" He raises an eyebrow.

"I-uh..I don't know." My mind is all over the place right now. Showing ourselves together again just makes this so real, but I do not know how to tell Noah that I'm scared.

"Fine." He huffs seeming irritated and pushes the door open letting himself in the house without me. I'm relatively stunned he just left me here by myself but I take deep breath and enter my best friends' house.

"Avery, oh my god! Look at you!" Nadia squeals and gives me a hug.

"You look hot as fuck!" I yell over the music. She is wearing a sexy "Mrs. Clause" outfit with blood splatter all over her body.

"Spence!" I yell as I seem him strolling over in his Santa outfit with an axe.

"Hey, kid!" He embraces me into a hug. We make small talk for another minute and then I excuse myself to make a drink, Noah is nowhere to be found.