II

Not my kid or photo, this is just for a reference of what Sloane looks like

Noah

  Having my little girl in my arms is the best feeling and makes everything else go away. I toss her up in the air a few times making her giggle, smile so wide her dimples show and her soft brown pigtails catch the wind. Her eyes match Avery's and she has her mom's brilliant smile. I set her down in the vibrant green grass next to Sadie and usher her to go play with the other kids on the swing set so I can talk with her grandpa.

  Unfortunately, the secret I keep looms over me on a daily basis. A constant dark cloud of despair, and the storm is bound to get worse. If Avery were to find out we've kept this from her for over two years, all the work we've built the past year to try to be a normal family again will just fall. The problem is, she will find out eventually and that rips me apart from the inside out. I still wish I could go back and never even hear this fucking information.

  "How's it going, son?" Jeff engulfs me into a hug.

"Just glad I made it. Avery would have had my head on a stick."

We both chuckle. "That is very true."

Mine and Jeff's relationship has grown substantially since we met, and he even married Avery and I in a small backyard ceremony at our house. He still may not like our music tastes and career choices but he accepts me and we have so much respect for each other. We both stand there with a beer bottle in our hands and watch the little kids run around with the dogs.

"You better watch out, your daughter is going to be a firecracker just like her mom." He couldn't be more correct.

  "Oh, I am well aware. Knew that the day she told me she was pregnant." I smirk and shake my head.

-

"Noah!" Avery scares the absolute fuck out of me as I walk in the door after a long day at the studio. We have been married for two months now and it has been so blissful. She jumps into my arms and I catch her, a shit eating grin on her face and I drop everything I have in my hands.

"I have a surprise for you." She coos, peppering kisses all over my face.

"Oh yeah?" I raise an eyebrow with a smirk.

She hops out of my arms and aggressively leads me to the kitchen and hops on the counter.

"Can you open the wine please?" She asks.

"Wow, this must be something big, Avery. What have you gotten us into?" I chuckle and hand her a glass. She watches closely as I pour my own as I impatiently wait for this big news she has in store.

"Today, junior." I playful tease she rolls her eyes. She motions me to read the wine bottle.

'Pairs Well With Becoming Parents
        June 2022'