Chapter 7

"Anyway, since that day, for a long time, our Peach Blossom Island didn't receive any outside guests, for fear of encountering such an incident again."

The disciple serving guests was not very advanced in cultivation and was still young when Wu Xingxue was rampant. He probably hadn't even reached the age of memory yet, but he still turned pale at the mention of these things. It can be seen that the shadow of this past event was so deep that it was almost passed down from mouth to mouth.

"At that time, the ones who were most deeply affected were Mr. Yi Wusheng and our family master. After all, those who suffered were all close relatives." The disciple serving guests said, "Mr. Yi Wusheng was in despair and almost fell into demonic ways. After that, his health deteriorated significantly. As they say, physicians heal thyself, he needs to seclude himself every year to recuperate and avoid falling on this path of cultivation."

"As for the family master, he himself said that during that period, he was simply possessed."

During those years, Hua Zhaoting was deeply suspicious, suspecting that everyone around him had a problem—there were over a thousand people on Peach Blossom Island, and each one could possibly be possessed by evil spirits. They pretended to be harmless and waited for the opportunity to devour the people on the island.

The courtyard where Hua Zhaoting lived was called Jianhua Hall.

In the past, Jianhua Hall had twelve disciples personally led by the family master, and many other miscellaneous disciples. After the incident with Wu Xingxue, the entire Jianhua Hall was cleared out.

All the disciples moved back to the disciples' hall, and no one was able to stay.

Hua Zhaoting, the family master, developed a habit of living alone, and whatever needed to be done in Jianhua Hall, he did it himself.

This habit has continued to this day.

"After that day, the three elders of our Peach Blossom Island became four elders, adding a punishment hall." The disciple serving guests said.

"Punishment hall? What is it for?" Wu Xingxue asked.

"To check for evil spirits," the disciple serving guests explained, "All our disciples get up early every day, and the first thing is to report to the punishment hall, where the elder of the punishment hall will probe the soul. With a soul probing talisman stuck on the wrist, you can know if there are evil spirits and if you have been possessed."

"Every day?" Wu Xingxue looked surprised.

"Yes, every day." The disciple serving guests added, "Once in the morning and once in the evening. After practicing in the evening, you also have to go to the punishment hall. Especially for the disciples responsible for patrolling the island that day, it's the most dangerous."

"..."

The shadow was indeed huge.

Wu Xingxue said, "Your elder of the punishment hall must have a hard time, doing the same thing from morning till night. According to the book, people like this either start a rebellion or fall into demonic ways."

The disciple serving guests: "..."

Wu Xingxue: "He'd better probe his own soul."

The disciple serving guests: "...He does."

After thinking about it, Wu Xingxue made a sound, "Hmm." "So, after saying so much, was it just to bring up this matter?"

The disciple serving guests: "?"

Wu Xingxue calmly rolled up his sleeve, revealing a section of his wrist.

The disciple serving guests looked at his wrist, remained silent for a moment, and awkwardly took out a soul-probing talisman with the word "flower" on it from his sleeve pocket.