Chapter 6

This should be a place for receiving guests and discussing matters, arranged in a dignified and simple manner, with several carved chairs and square tables on both sides.

The disciples led them to their seats and served two cups of tea. Wu Xingxue was not shy, taking a sip immediately, tasting a faint peach fragrance..

In the hall, several disciples were cleaning. Seeing the guests, they all bowed in greeting.

In the center of the Tinghua Hall stood a long niche table, on which a jade-carved deity statue was placed. The cleaning disciples offered incense to the statue and then withdrew.

"Who is this?" Wu Xingxue asked quietly while holding his tea.

"Hua Xin," Xiao Fuxuan answered.

Only then did Wu Xingxue notice the name written behind the statue on a hanging scroll.

"Is the painting and the jade statue the same person? They look quite different," he commented softly.

Xiao Fuxuan glanced at him, probably signaling him to speak less.

Seeing his genuine interest, Xiao Fuxuan added after a moment, "The painting resembles more."

The celestial being in the painting had a gentle and handsome appearance, with slightly curved smiling eyes, one hand petting a white deer and the other holding a bright lantern—a protective deity, entirely different from Xiao Fuxuan's demeanor of overseeing pardons.

Next to "Hua Xin" was written his celestial title, "Ming Wu."

In these dark and chaotic times, there were over a hundred small and large celestial sects. Not to mention the smaller ones, the most renowned ones had ancestors who ascended to immortality. The Hua family's extraordinary status in Chunfan City was due to Hua Xin.

"Do you know him?" Wu Xingxue asked.

"I do," Xiao Fuxuan replied softly, "the leader of the twelve celestials of Lingtai."

Lingtai's twelve celestials...

Wu Xingxue found it somewhat familiar, and then suddenly remembered Ning Huai Shan mentioning with great admiration—Lingtai's twelve celestials were also his kills.

Wu Xingxue choked on his tea.

It was at this moment that the head of the Hua family, Hua Zhaoting, arrived.

He seemed to have encountered something, striding through the corridor with an unexpected expression. Behind him followed two flustered young disciples, holding a box of golden-threaded wood and persuading him about something.

"No need," Hua Zhaoting said. "Such a minor injury doesn't require medicine. A pitiful, foolish child doesn't understand much and is bound to act rashly. I've said it many times; don't take it to heart. As for Chi Yao and the others, punish them by sending them to Xuantai for reflection!"

After reprimanding, Hua Zhaoting entered the Tinghua Hall, his expression already softened: "Sorry to keep you waiting."

After all, he was from the same family as Ming Wu Hua Xin in the painting. Although not similar in appearance, as long as he smiled, his gentle and clear temperament was strikingly similar.

He didn't carry the airs of a celestial sect family head, nor did he seem like a person from a celestial sect, lacking the aloof pride of being above worldly concerns. In his every move, he resembled more a refined merchant.

"I heard that Young Master Cheng entered the city this morning. Did you pass through the endless Haiposuo Path on your way here?" Hua Zhaoting asked with a beaming smile.