Chapter 68

"In the 'Valley of Great Sorrow,' Wu Xingxue was somewhat surprised.

"Um," Xiao Fuxuan responded.

Wu Xingxue said softly, "He really went."

His expression was unclear, but one could hear a hint of regret.

Ning Huaishan sneakily glanced at the city lord of his house, his expression turning somewhat sheepish, "I was wrong, City Lord. I shouldn't have said those words to Doctor Wusheng. He hadn't planned on going; it's my fault, stirring things up without thinking."

His feelings towards Doctor Wusheng were very complicated, filled with resentment and pity. Now, they had all moved on from the past, yet only Doctor Wusheng was still struggling alone on that path.

Thinking this, he felt a sincere guilt and clasped his hands in honest admission of his mistake.

His temper was both awkward and impulsive; he had always been one to stir up trouble in the past. After causing trouble, he would regret it and would always threaten Fang Chu not to tattle, while quietly cleaning up the mess. Only when everything was sorted out would he dare to face the city lord.

If he couldn't fix the situation, he would go and admit his errors nervously. Every time he apologized, the city lord would lean against the door and say, "Where did you go wrong? You didn't do anything wrong. How about I bow to you as an apology?"

Oh,

Just thinking about it made Ning Huaishan's scalp tingle.

He was prepared to endure it again, but then he heard his city lord say, "You're right."

Ning Huaishan "..."

He opened his mouth and looked up, only to hear his city lord say leisurely, "Indeed, it's your fault."

Ning Huaishan "Ah"

Wu Xingxue "What ah, if you hadn't said those extra words, Doctor Wusheng would already be on his way to a better life in the next world."

Ning Huaishan "..."

Ning Huaishan was completely confused, his expression gradually becoming puzzled.

His city lord's response was damn strange.

When something is abnormal, there must be a demon involved.

Ning Huaishan looked helplessly towards the Heavenly Lodging with a somewhat pleading gaze. Somehow, he had come to rely on the Heavenly Lodging to control his city lord at critical moments.

But it was useless; the Heavenly Lodging didn't even glance at him.

Ning Huaishan looked back anxiously, and Wu Xingxue gestured with a tilt of his chin, whispering, "Go."

Ning Huaishan looked in the direction indicated by the chin—six rooms, four corridors, a pavilion, a tall tower, all encircling a very deep cold pond.

Where was he supposed to go?

Ning Huaishan silently stretched out his hand, shielding it with his sleeve, and pinched Fang Chu fiercely.

Fang Chu "..."

Fang Chu might have been in pain, his fingers twitched, and he turned to ask, "What are you doing?"

Inside, Ning Huaishan rolled his eyes and transmitted a message through his pinching fingers, "Help me, what else could I be doing? You better help me understand, the city lord asked me to go where?"

After a while, Fang Chu transmitted back, "You're asking me, who am I supposed to ask?"

Ning Huaishan was desperate.