A Gift to Remember

Notes: Wow, nearly 6 weeks since last chapter. especially after what happened. While you may be disappointed, I'll just say was somewhat planned. My discord got hijacked and lost, so had to form a new one, but there is a bigger reason why the delay.

right after the last chapter, on March 27, was the birth of my first son. This has been one of the biggest things in my life and as anyone knows with children, your life becomes devoted to them. so yes, I am fine, just been very busy and focused on other things. I will continue to write, but will be slower at this point.

Also, while I have new art for the story still, it will really slow down as expenses from the hospital and other things will take my funds. If anyone wishes to help with artwork, the go fund me is still up. really appreciate your love and support for this story. enjoy!

Sitting in the infirmary, Katara winced as Recovery Girl's power flowed through her body. She could feel the bones in her hand shift back into place, the damaged ribs pop back and the numbness in her leg beginning to go away. Breathing several times, she laid back in her medical bed as the healing continued. "I have to say, I do wish my healing was as fast as yours..." Katara mumbled out.

As her lips retracted, the elderly woman chuckled. "Perhaps when you're my age and had the practice, you'll be this fast."

"Maybe," resting her head against the pillow, Katara shifted her hand back and forth, wincing as some of the pain still remained. "She got me pretty good."

"Your hand had nine fractures alone, I'm surprised you were even able to move it after that hit." the nurse stated. "Between the pair of you, you have the record for the most injuries today with thirty one fractures in total, not mentioning whatever cuts, bruises and lesions over your bodies.

Katara's eyes turned to look at Izuku's arm, noticing the bruising that covered his skin that didn't come from Mirko. She stared at it as he began getting his treatment. "How're you feeling?"

"Could be worse," Izuku forced out a laugh before sighing in relief to the feeling of his own broken bones healing. "After who we faced, we could've ended up pounded into the ground like the others."

"Yeah," Katara muttered, frowning slightly. "But I wasn't asking about battling her itself."

Izuku's eyes widened at her comment, swallowing the lump that formed in his throat. "You mean... at the end of the match?"

"It's not that hard to guess..." she responded, eyeing him curiously. "That was nothing I've seen you do before."

Feeling sweat drip down his neck, Izuku turned and caught Recovery Girl eyeing him as well. After everything that has happened, he knew Katara should be one to know the truth about himself now, if anyone from the class should know. She revealed her deep truth, and he should do the same with her. "It's... It's complicated. And-

The loud knocking on the door startled him, hearing multiple frantic voices outside. "I... I promise I will tell you everything, just right now.... Just go along with what I say, please!"

Katara couldn't even ask what he meant when the door suddenly burst open as several of their friends tried crashing through. "Katara, if you're conscious, yell out my name!" Tenya shouted.

"Izuku, you better be okay!" Momo yelled as she pushed in past the others, her eyes wide when she saw him staring at her. "Oh my god... you're okay."

"Y-yeah." Izuku muttered, watching as Momo, Tenya, Uraraka and Shoto entered the room, all of them having relief on their faces when they saw their friends up. "Good to see you guys too."

Walking forward, Shoto sighed in relief when he watched Katara sit back up. "Glad to see you're fine."

"Thank you." Katara said with a smile. "Same for you, I didn't get to see you after your match."