The Pairs VS the Rabbit

Shoto took a breath as he and his assigned partner made their way down the pathway, both of their heart rates high as they prepared themselves for battle. "I hope this idea of yours is good enough," Kendo said to him.

"It's the only strategy we have against someone like her," he responded, taking a deep breath once more. "We don't have the speed to outmaneuver her in any way, so this is the best route."

"I hope so, because if it doesn't, just expect your head to be caved in." Kendo muttered, cracking her knuckles. "Like I said, You haven't seen the most she can do yet."

Nodding, Shoto rubbed his right hand as they came to a large open street. Knowing their styles of fighting were so different, he and Kendo knew they had to come up with the only strategy they could use together to make this work. "Iida lasted just over seven minutes. Let's make sure we "break that." he said as his hand began frosting, readying himself. As soon as the alarm went off for the start, he exhaled,looking over to her as she gave a nod in response. "This is going to get cold, be ready."

"I'm set," do it." She said.

Growling out, Shoto slammed his right hand onto the street, the ice rushing out in all directions from the pair and covering the ground. As it went out more than twenty meters, ice wall burst upwards surrounding them. The loud creaking of the ice climbing higher until the barrier rose to the height of the buildings beside them, crawling inward and creating an entire ice roof over themselves and locking them inside. After a few moments the loud rumble from the ice subsided, leaving only the chilly air behind inside the massive ice barrier. Lifting his frost covered arm up, Shoto shivered as he stood up, exhaling a thick frost from his mouth. "There..."

Immediately Kendo felt the cold from the ice surrounding them, hissing and rubbing her arms through her long sleeves. "Even my winter outfit is not helping much with this." she chuckled out.

"Here," Shoto raised his left arm and ignited his flames, the heat warming his right side back to normal. As the frost melted off his body, he left his arm out for his partner. "At least you can stay warm for now."

"Definitely not saying no to that," Kendo laughed and held her hands in front of the flames, warming herself back up. "So, you do this to keep Katara warm in the evenings?"

Blushing at her giggle, Shoto couldn't help but smile and laugh back. "If she asked for it, I would."

"So romantic," Kendo and Shoto laughed for a moment before she looked over to the ice, worry growing inside her. "How thick is all that?"

"About seven meters, but going by what you said, that will only slow her down for a few moments." Shoto answered, looking where she was. "It doesn't matter. This will give us the time we need before she is on us."

_________________________________________________________

From the audience watching, many grew confused why they were creating something so obvious, but a select number of the students immediately saw the strategy. "They know they can't outrun her, so they made their ground and fortified instead." Izuku said.

"Yeah, they know they would be better having her come on their terms." Katara responded. "I'm just worried about the way their fighting styles will blend."

"Because Todoroki is long range while Kendo is close," Izuku grasped his chin, "Perhaps why they put us together as well, then."

Katara gave a small nod, "Probably. But You are certainly faster and can maneuver much more than she can. He will have to watch his attacks more with her around."

Bakugo overheard the two of them talking, frowning as he stared at the ice on screen. While he knew she packed quite the hit herself, Kendo was lacking in the speed department. Not only that, he knew the way she fought, and needed a team partner that could help bring out her full potential, and she certainly wasn't going to get that with Icy-Hot.