Right to it

Katara stared at herself in the mirror for what felt like an hour, taking in the outfit she wore. The gray UA uniform that was sent to the home fit her body perfectly, the jacket contouring her shape down her sides. The skirt she could have gone without, but being school dress code she figured not to argue it. The one thing that mattered the most to all of this was the fact it was a school uniform to the place she wanted to go.

Hero school.

She couldn't help but smile in amusement to hearing that. After simply doing the right thing where she came from, now she was going to a school to learn more about saving people and how to do it.

"Seems like it would be pretty obvious." She mumbled to herself as she grabbed her backpack and carried it out of her room. She entered the main hall and found Tenya already waiting for her by the door, poised and ready to go as he put his hands to his hips.

"Well Katara, today is the day that we both join the ranks of other future heroes and learn how to become pros!" he shouted out in glee as the waterbender chuckled at him.

"Yes it's a big day for both of us. I am ready for this, too." she responded.

"Shall we get going? We do not want to be late on our first day."

"Yes, let's go."

"Wait! Wait!"

Both of them flipped around at the sudden call, and they were met with a bright flash catching them off guard. "What the- mother!"

Madoka was there with a camera in hand and a giant grin on her face. "Oh this is so exciting! My little baby and his friend have gotten into UA together, and in the same class as well!"

Katara sighed but smiled at the woman's happiness. "Yeah I feel a little better that I know at least one person in my class."

"Indeed, it is quite lucky we both are together." Tenya agreed. "And we must get going, mother. We should not be late for our first day."

"Well that is why I am here. I will be driving you to school!" Madoka cheered.

"Uhh mother it is quite alright." Tenya responded. "We can get on the train quite quickly."

"Oh nonsense. It's your first day and I have to be on the road anyway. Besides it will be much faster." Madoka held her finger up. "And no exceptions."

As she walked away, Katara raised an eyebrow at Tenya's deadpanned face. "She really is determined when something's on her mind, huh?"

------------------------------------------------------------------

The ride to UA in the car certainly was much faster than the walk, getting there in less than ten minutes. Now katara was a bit disappointed this couldn't be there way everyday now, but would take what she could get. The large structure that was their school came into view as Madoka pulled along the curb with the other cars. Once she stopped, the elder woman looked back behind her, her eyes sparkling through her glasses. "Alright you two, I hope you have a good day!"

"Thank you mother." Tenya responded and opened the car door.

"Yes, thank you." Katara nodded and followed Tenya out.

Before she got all the way out, Madoka suddenly gasped. "Oh, Katara, wait! I almost forgot."

"Huh? What is it?" Katara watched as Madoka was digging through her purse, suddenly pulling out a small rectangular item. Her eyes widened when she realized what it was. "Wait, is that..."

"Yep, your own phone." Madoka smiled and held it out for her. "Tensei bought it last night. In case there are emergencies and you need to get a hold of us."