A lamb to the slaughter 2

Start from the beginning

The dawn of a new day shone through the windows, gently setting a light the hallway as is footsteps echoed. Outside the door of the office, he stood, arms folded, pondering.
"Where the fuck were you?" Crowley snapped. Harvey lifted his gaze and blinked.
"Where.. the fuck.. were you?" Crowley sneered and lifted his arms, blocking Harvey's exists as he pushed him into the window. Harvey gulped, stammering the little dumb excuses he knew to rehearse. Cowering under Crowley's gaze.
"I didn't- I was.. uh I-"
"We lost 10 good fucking men whilst you were cowering in the corner?" Crowley yelled. They'd lost half of the c19 crew because he wasn't there to assist them. Was there any point of having him on the team? Harvey's eyes darkened as the words begun to process. For a split second, anger retaliated.
"Ironic you'd say that when you cower for Lucifer.." Harvey snapped back. Like a caged dog. Who the fuck did he think he was? 
"At least I don't suck up to her then bail.. I do my fucking job" Crowley snapped, tapping his finger on Harvey's chest as he spoke.
"Don't"
"Don't what? Do this?" He poked him again, towering over his frail figure as he challenged him. He was pissed and Harvey was the punching bag now. It didn't matter if he was Lucifer's little angel. He'd made Crowley deserve a beating, so he deserved one first.
"I'm warning you.."
"Oh whatcha gonna do tough guy?" Crowley sneered and pushed him with his finger. There was a second before he felt it, before Harvey's wrists overturned his, shifting their position so Crowley was against the wall, with Harvey pressed up his wrists. He sneered, flashing his canine teeth at the boy as he struggled to free his gasp. How the fuck was he being pinned down by a weak fragile asshole. How had he let himself go? The anger was boiling up within his chest, burning his veins. He couldn't think clearly. Those eyes. That empathy, hidden behind cold erratic confidence. Like he felt bad for him. He hated that. He hated him.
"You calm?"
"What do you think?!" Crowley snapped, sneering into his face. Why did he even care? Time was running and he had to find her. He had to. He didn't know why, but there was this scratch, itch at the back of his head. Something he couldn't quite reach. He had to.
"Breath.."
Crowley growled and ripped his arms free of his grasp, rubbing his wrists where the spot was sore. Harvey took a few steps back, to his mistake, before Crowley jolted forward to be slammed against the wall. Heaving. He growled. How was he being overpowered by a fragile piece of- there was something itching at the back of his throat and he tilted his head back and out came.. a chuckle. A soft gentle chuckle. Harvey quirked a brow. Why was this so familiar? Sapphire eyes flashed before his mind and for a moment, his chuckle dried off. Who was that..
"So uh.. this is kind of gay now.." Harvey made a attempt at a joke. A bad one at that. Yet, Crowley found himself smile, for just a moment. He ripped his arms out of the pinned posture and pushed past Harvey. The calmness, shared fright of Lucifer was a odd sensation. Harvey wasn't treated any better then he was. In the few days he'd been here though, Lucifer was a cheery gentle woman. Waiting for the right moment to strike. He breathed out. He hated the fact that Harvey was so alike him, it bothered him in a way he couldn't explain. Like he saw a mirror, a reflection of someone repressed within his mind. And nothing, nothing he did, made that image dissipate.
"You wish.." He muttered as he tilted the knob of the main door to the manage room. A room dedicated to planning and managing. To track the movement of their enemies.

The doors creaked as they slid ajar, revealing Lucifer stood besides a man, tied up in ropes. He whimpered as he lifted his gaze to Crowley's, tears coiling his eyes. Behind the bruises on his chin, the blood that trailed out of his nose, something looked familiar. A short torn shirt which revealed half of his exposed, bruised chest and pants. Who was this? Crowley walked in, with Harvey tailing behind as they looked around. The old, wooden table was pushed against the wall, freeing room for the two in the middle of the room. A gentle breeze wafted through the room from the tilted window.
"Little crow.. so thoughtful.. thoughtful and selfless.." Lucifer spoke calmly. He lifted his gaze and quirked a brow. "Selfless enough to purposely loose a fight against a red head, to avoid hurting them.."
"What are you-"
"Sit"
Crowley felt his knees give in and stumbled to the floor, wincing at the pain in his knees. He sighed.
"You wouldn't be dumb enough to make me question your loyalty now, would you little crow?" Lucifer asked, calmly, lifting a hand gently to her face. Thoughtful. Yet a hint of challenge behind those purple toxic eyes. Daring him to give her one reason to rip his heart out. He didn't flinch, didn't look away.
"No, I would not.."
"Then prove it.." Lucifer said and patted the man on the shoulder. He whimpered. "This little guy is a spy from star labs.. and to prove you're as loyal as a bird.. I thought I'd give you the role of gathering information from him.." She explained and trotted over to him. Hunching down, she lifted a finger to his cheek and brushed it.
"You think you're up for it?"
"Of course" Crowley replied and stood up. Stretching. He was good for this sort of work and this boy seemed to already be cracking at the seams. As he approached, the boy begun to whimper, muffled noises underneath the rag. Crowley ripped the rag out of his mouth, watching as he heaved for air.
"Crowley it's me.. it's me-" He screamed out in pain as Crowley's fists connected with his cheek and spat blood out of his mouth. Blood splattered on the floor, coiling in reshaped forms. Crowley growled and grabbed his jaw, forcing him to look at him.
"So I hear you have information" He spat into his face. Yet something was bugging him. Who was this? He forced down the hesitation, swallowing it to the bottom of the pit. Any hesitation and Lucifer would break his legs in two. Or more if she was in a bad mood. The boy heaved out for air, sniffling.
"I don't know what she wants, ok? I don't-" His screams were blood curling, coming from the bottom of his lungs as Crowley hit him again. He groaned in pain and shook his hand as it throbbed in pain. Small bruises were beginning to form at his knuckles, shining under the dawn curling the floor from the window in front of him.
"Now we're gonna play a little game.." Crowley grabbed his hand and brushed his fingers against each of his. The sensation felt familiar. Had they met? He forced down the lump beginning to form at the back of his throat and spoke. Calmly.
"Which one of these fingers do you like the least?"
"I swear! I don't-" His scream echoed as the snap broke through two of his bones on the index finger. It was tilted to the side, as he heaved. Hair coiled around his soft, gentle eyes and in the reflection, Crowley saw his own, emitting a toxic purple of nostalgia.
"Okay okay.. they uh.. have a team full of supernatural creatures uhm.. for the woman in town.. they're searching for her at the moment.. i think the head is.. uh.. scarlet.. i don't know who else is there! i swear" He cried out, tears coiling his bruised cheeks. Weak young boy. In his 20's. Probably moved here on a whim and got caught in the mid-fire of this incident. If star labs was out on the look for this thing, it meant they had company. But Lucifer already knew about all of this? He couldn't help but question why she wanted him to repeat it? He lifted his gaze to Lucifer's. She looked content.
"What else?"
"That's enough for now.." Lucifer replied calmly, a gentle smirk playing on her rosy lips. "Harvey, bring the subject down to the cells.. we'll need them later" She commanded. Harvey walked past him and grabbed the boy by his arms, causing him to whimper and weakly stagger to his feet. Eyes fixated on Crowley as Harvey pulled the rag back into his mouth. He mumbled something, but it was muffled by the rag. His cheeks stained with blood and dirt. As Harvey pushed him past Crowley, he watched. Eyes searching for that familiarity he'd felt. Who was this boy?