Part 32: [i belong with you]

The big hand was grabbing his chin too harshly, but Tendō didn't complain. Every touch was precious, every single one. He knew how to appreciate every closeness, every breath.

- I say it, as I feel it. – he spoke slowly, never losing eye contact with the mesmerizing olive eyes. – No one has ever trusted me so much before. Before you came along.

Wakatoshi couldn't look away, this was so important. The burning eyes were getting as brilliant as rubies once again, and he had learned to recognize those unshed tears. He had to do something.

The only words that were echoing in his head were scaring him, but he needed to let them out, because they were driving him insane, he had to let his Satori-kun know.

- No one has ever loved me so much before. – he returned the confession intact. – Before... you came along.

The salt left Satori's eyes, and fell heavy on his husband's hand. A single drop of ruby, transparent, unlike blood.

It burned.

- You are the best thing in my life. Please, don't let me go. I love you so much...

- Please, don't be sad. I don't know how to be strong when you are sad, Satori-kun...

But the minutes passed, and maybe hours passed too, and maybe days, and years, and they held each other close, protecting each other from grief  and they were indeed stronger together. The warmth, and the consolation, and that amazing peace and comfort – it was not a thing to be ever reciprocated, not in the arms of friends, or family, or fans. It was a warmth between them, a calm they shared that was special only because it was theirs.

- Please, don't be mad at me now.

- I am not.

- It's just... sometimes... when we have sex---

- You don't need to explain!

- But I need to! Listen, it's not that I don't wanna, it's jus---

- I don't need to hear about it.

- ...

- But... are you OK????

- I am fine.

- Are you pouting? Really?!

- Am not! I'm fine!

- Hmmmmmm.

Wakatoshi thought that they failed to have a fight, yet again. Strange.

Satori thought that, no matter how infuriating at times, his husband always managed to (somehow, miraculously) fix his mood, clam him down, and make him smile.

A couple more minutes passed. The sadness passed too, dissolving into bird-song.

- I really love you, you know.

- Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

- Dammit! Are you sulking now, Wakatoshi-kun?!?

- HMMMMMM.

- I promise, we'll do it again tomorrow. Alright?! After the barbecue you will feel better! I promise! Stronger! Rawr!!!

Ushijima was perhaps not strong enough indeed. It was easier to be strong when you were with other people, people who were far from you. But how could he remain strong with someone who was constantly melting him, making him smile, someone not just close you, but belonging inside of you?

Impossible.

He smiled, watching the beloved grin immediately rise up on Tendō's face. His eyes slid down the slim, naked body, sprawling next to his, and he thought that maybe, yes, this body needed some rest. It was only now, in the tattered blotches of shade that the sun formed over their bed, that he noticed the subtle way in which that gentle skin might be sore. The pale bruises over Satori's elbows and knees, and more prominently so – on his hips – yes, they were all there.

If anyone searched, they were there to be found.

The lump in Wakatoshi's throat appeared again. He truly wished he could speak the so-desired "I love you too."

Mostly because it was true.

- What did you mean by that? – he pressed the relaxed, warm body next to his firmly again. – What did you mean that I love you more than you do me? Please, explain.

Satori purred, this was so so nice, oh god!

- It's obvious, isn't it, my love? What now??? Do you want me to recite the Bible for you!? – he joked, reaching up to place a kiss on the muscular neck, as if making sure it was safe from any hard  -  his own teeth included.

Unsurprisingly, Wakatoshi took this to heart. He needed an explanation.

- Yes. Please, do.

Some more laughter, and Satori wiggled his way out of the possessive embrace, which immediately made Ushijima frown. But he returned quickly, bringing his phone along, jeering:

- You didn't really expect me to know the quote by heart, did ya????

- Hmmmmm.

But he snuggled comfortably again, and managed to scroll and browse with just one hand, the other hugging his lover as best as he could.

And then he hummed and read out loud:

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

- This is you. You are love. – Satori cooed quietly after finishing the quote.

Wakatoshi had to think about it. He didn't say anything, but his tight embrace never slacked. They stayed like this, tight together, for another hour, a full hour in which no one counted 9 times 7 minutes, but it was time for petting, and even more uncounted kisses.

[牛天 | UshiTen]: Our Flowersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें