Part 12: [i take pride in you]

Tendō couldn't help but think that his Toshi-kun looked really pretty when he was blushing. It was just a fact.

A new insane smile split his face, because he was hugely pleased at having so much beauty and so close to him, and he felt hugely smug. His pretty Wakatoshi was grabbing his waist again. He thought to himself that he could easily get used to this.

- Teach me how to love you better. I want to be the one to love you best.

- Alright! – he chirped. – Help me get the shopping done and carry it home!

Ushijima blinked; in just a second their hug was undone and Tendō walked into the open market, hands in his pockets, as if nothing much had happened.

- Home... - he mumbled under his breath.

He had never thought he would be so eager to get back home. Go back home, with someone special.

It took a few big strides for him to catch up – Satori's bright red hair was easily spotted in the sea of bland people, not to mention the quite typical situation of the two of them sticking out, over the crowd of short people. It was rare that they visited their house, so the villagers were still not used to them being so very tall, and now, just like always, everyone was openly gawking at them.

They didn't hold hands, but they walked close to each other, and it was very clear that they were together, in some capacity. People were curious about them, but no one dared ask any questions, and Tendō knew why. He was walking ahead, checking out stalls, laden with fruit and vegetables, but often – the ones that were selling flower bulbs too.

The crowd would part in front of him, and he knew why that was - the gigantic, frowning Wakatoshi was scary to encounter, his bassy voice was a thunder, his big hands could squash a person's head easily. Wherever they went, a silence would fall, and small children would hide behind their mothers' skirts.

But then, the conversation they had went something like this, and most of the sellers, after listening to parts of it, would just grin and nod their heads politely, hoping to extract as much money from the dumb city folk as possible:

- Did you make a list, Satori-kun? I didn't see one.

- That's coz I don't need one, silly!

- Hmmmm. I think we have enough sugar and coffee till the end of the month. Do those go bad? I think we might be back in August, the soonest.

- Sugar and coffee don't go bad, sweetie! Do you want some plums? I could make smoothies! Ohhh! Look! Look! Early strawberries! Toshi!!!

- I wonder about that. They might contain... you know... pesticides. It's unnatural.

- But we have some cream at home... Mmmm... You never asked about dessert today, darling! Mmmm...

- Why are you suddenly so flushed? Are you unwell?

- Oh... I am too damn well... I...

- If you want strawberries so bad – go for it. But I am warning you. There is no logic to such early display of this particular fruit. And "yes" to plums. Also, lemons. We need the vitamin C, so the doctors said.

- Wakatoshi-kun! Haha! Hahaha... I... Hmmmm!

Tendō wasn't upset about that failed attempt at flirting. Ushijima looked like a curious child, leaning over the produce and inspecting it with a critical eye, suspicious. The dark-haired man was rather worried, observing his husband's erratic movements, from stall to stall, buying random fruit, and random nuts. Perhaps he was planning on some special dessert they had never had before?