Part 27: [i am with you]

From there on, things happened really fast.

The meat was covered in foil, and put in the fridge to defrost further, with spices and salt, and Tendō stretched a little, humming to himself, and getting to rummaging seep into one of the drawers.

- Sit! – he grinned.

Wakatoshi blinked. He thought for a moment what the most effective course of action was, and decided to obey. He observed, as Satori pulled an old piece of paper and an (probably) older pencil, and sat next to him, slamming it all on the table.

- Now! – the red-head chirped. – Let's decide together!

A very stunned Wakatoshi watched, fully focused, as a very shaky square appeared on the piece of paper, and the pencil moved to write in some hieroglyphs that meant nothing to him.

Dill.

Thyme.

Mint.

Rosemary.

Basil.

Parsley.

Celery.

Potatoes?

And then, it got worse:

Peonies.

Daffodils.

Hyacinth.

Tulips.

Saffron.

Roses?

Tiger lilies!!!

A fig tree? A hazel-nut tree?

At one point, it somehow looked far too overcrowded, and he did what he was usually doing best.

- Ummmmmmm.

Tendō looked flushed and excited, and it was a total mystery to him, but he also looked extremely cute, and Wakatoshi decided to ignore the first part, and just focus on the second part. Too often, he wished that he had the ability to peek into that hectic brain, and see all the colorful plotting that was happening there all the time, all the multi-directional plans, all the diverse pieces of knowledge.

It was a mind very different from his own. And yet, somehow, Satori loved him.

- Let me show you! Pff, let me show you better! – Tendō was puffing, not too comfortable to be turning the piece of paper from right to left, so that his husband could see better. – But we have to decide soon! Today! Those were supposed to be planted in March! Even February! Hehe!

And without warning, he jumped to his feet, grabbing the precious (and too crumpled) piece of paper in his hand, now moving to sit into Wakatoshi's lap, blushing.

Of course, there was no reaction, no scoffing, and the opposite hitter's facial expression didn't change, but this didn't stop Tendō from purring:

- Hold me. Hold me better!

Ushijima blinked. Now, this was something he knew how to do. His lover immediately snuggled, too comfortable again, and now both of them were watching the poor page, torn from god-knows-where, but better, from one and the same perspective.

- N-now... - Satori's voice cracked a little, it just felt so very good - to feel those powerful hands on his body. – I wanted us to plan this together.

- Hmmm.

Actually, Wakatoshi didn't want to give away that all of this meant nothing to him. Perhaps he was a little bit distracted by the soft, warm skin, now so very close to his mouth, and the lively voice, and yes – that renewed purr, and the vibrant red of Tendō's hair... and he was so warm to the touch...

But the chocolatier took the last humming as a "yes, please", and now moved on quickly.

- I wanted us to choose what to plant. And decide what goes where! Some of those plants are perennial, see, and they only need care in the beginning. After that, basically the rain takes care of them. They won't need us to be here all the time... Well... I'm guessing... Some fertilizer is in order... and some weeding out, but... I think---

- You want a garden. – Ushijima interrupted the fast speech that was steeply turning into babbling.

Satori nodded enthusiastically, and snuggled closer, wiggling his ass a little, so that he could be more comfortable in the familiar lap.

Of course, Wakatoshi blushed at that movement, but did not comment.

They had business to discuss now.

- I want to grow some herbs I use a lot... For cooking! For tea! When you are ill! Although you are never ill, huh.... And also some flowers? How do you feel about... petunias?  –  Satori grinned, enjoying that flush a little too much.

Wakatoshi thought about it. His feelings towards flowers were... remote. If not – non-existent. His mind was really telling him that, in spring and summer, they could easily get spices and herbs from the village's open market. And in winter – no herbs could survive.

But then, his eyes shifted from the page, and towards the small ceramic vase on the table, full of white lilac that let its subtle aroma around, now mixed with the residual odor of pepper and thyme, and then he took a quick glance towards the open window, which revealed a direct view towards their neighbor's garden, which was already covered in green... stuff... plants.

He thought about their own lawn then. It was absolutely empty. They haven't had the time to deal with it ever since they bought the house.

And then it dawned on him: Satori wanted to turn the house into a... home.

His heart skipped a beat. His gaze got back, to the best place on earth – the brilliant pool of playful light that were Satori-kun's eyes whenever he was excited about something.

- How do I help? - he rumbled now, absolutely seriously.