Chapter 17

Daelor finally makes a move and Rhaenyra deals with Deirys. I hope you guys like it 🥰

1 week later. Kings Landing.

Rhaenyra tried not to roll her eyes as another entitled lord asked her father for Haelys's hand. Now that her two oldest daughters were married the lords had turned their gaze to Haelys and Jaehaera. Her daughters were not pleased about the development, especially because they were not even of age yet. Jaehaera had made sure every lord knew that she would feed them to her dragon if they tried to make her marry them. Haelys had not been as vocal, but she had also told Baelon, Aemma, Rhaenyra, and Daemon that she did not want to marry any of the men who kept asking for her hand.

"My king," Everyone was stunned when Daelor stepped forward and bowed to their father. "I would like to make a request."

Their father frowned but nodded his head. "Of course."

Daelor straightened and stood tall , his voice was strong . "I would like to ask you, Prince Daemon, and Princess Rhaenyra for your permission to court Princess Haelys."

"To court her?" Rhaenyra saw her father try to keep the amusement off his face. "Not to marry her?"

"No, your grace." Rhaenyra placed a hand on her husband's arm as their brother kept talking. "I believe that the decision to accept any proposal of marriage should be made by Princess Haelys alone. I want to court her and if she accepts to be my wife then I will ask your permission to marry her."

Rhaenyra smiled, proud of her brother and her hand tightened around Daemon's arm when he tried to step forward. She knew her husband would not be happy , he still had not fully come to terms with Alaerya and Saerys marriage, and having Haelys being courted and possibly married soon would not sit well with him.

When their father gave permission for Daelor to court Haelys Rhaenyra was sure her husband's head would explode. She watched as Daemon stalked out of the room and let out a breath. This could cause another issue between her husband and another one of their brothers. She was happy for Haelys, her daughter had been in love with Daelor for so long and they had believed that Daelor would marry Saerys.

Her father dismissed the rest of the lords and Rhaenyra was about to tell him to speak to Daemon when one of the Kingsguard ran in, a bit out of breath.

"Your grace, princess." The man bowed and tried to catch his breath. "There has been an issue between Princess Deirys and Maris Baratheon."

Rhaenyra groaned and walked out of the throne room, not even bothering to ask what had happened. Maris Baratheon had been her lady in waiting for the past four moons and Rhaenyra had left her watching Deirys. She made her way to the gardens where she knew her daughter was. She found Deirys standing near a table and Maris nearby, crying as one of the maids tried to console her. Rhaenyra tried to breathe and control her anger when she saw Harriet on one of the tables nearby.

"Deirys," Her daughter gave her a sheepish look. "What happened?"

"Well, Lady Maris tried to make me go back to my chambers, but I did not want to." Her daughter pouted. "She grabbed my hand and Harriet was upset by it, so she pecked her and scratched her, but it was only a little."

Rhaenyra looked towards the young woman, who did not look as awful as she feared, and tried not to lose her composure. "We agreed, Deirys. When I agreed to allow you to keep Harriet, I said she would be allowed to stay with you if she did not attack any more people."