Chapter 9

We meet another of Daemon and Rhaenyra's daughters during the wedding feast. Daemon tries to convince Rhaenyra to have more kids. I hope you guys like it 🥰

                                                                      Aemma Arryn (51 years old

                                                                      Aemma Arryn (51 years old.)

Daelor took a large sip of his wine as he tried to keep himself from glaring at Cregan Stark. When the man first arrived in Kings Landing, Daelor had liked him. The man was honorable and did not spend time kissing up to him like most people did. In the beginning, he had believed he and Cregan would be good friends until the Northern lord placed his eyes on Saerys. Daelor had always admired his niece's mind, even as a child. She had always been extremely smart , and most of her time was spent lost in her books. He knew that most lords would not appreciate having a wife smarter than they were and so well-read. Most men were intimidated by smart women, they believed women were only good to fuck and to give them children, but Daelor did not mind. He had women thrown themselves at him since he was three and ten and most of them were fools. He was not sure if they acted that way because they believed that was what he wanted or if they were truly that way. Then there was Saerys, who did not care about impressing him , she barely paid him any attention.

"Y ou are going to scare people if you continue glaring at lord Stark. " Haelys moved to stand beside him and took his cup, taking a sip of his wine and grimacing. " Gods, you have terrible taste in wine, just like my father ."

He smirked at his niece and took back his cup. " I am sorry my wine is not up to your standards, princess. Not all of us like weak watered-down wine. "

"Y es, instead you prefer to drink something that tastes like horse piss. " Haelys was one of Rhaenyra and Daemon's daughters. She was their fourth born , her twin sister Jaehaera had been born eight minutes before her. Even at five and ten, his little niece was a gorgeous woman. Unlike Alaerya and Saerys, her hair was more golden than silver and she had dark purple eyes. Haelys already had hundreds of suitors fighting for her hand, not that she showed any interest in them and Daelor was sure neither of those men would be able to handle her. " Are you going to tell me why you are glaring at Cregan ?"

Daelor glared at his niece, annoyed by her interruption. " Is there no one else you can annoy ?"

"N ot really, " She looked around before turning to look at him. " Everyone is in an annoyingly good humor, even my father, which surprises me. You are the only one who is sulking ."

"I am not sulking ."

"Y es, you are. " Her laugh made several people look their way and Daelor did not miss the way men stared at his niece, which annoyed him even more. " Is it because Saerys said yes to Cregan in less than a moon, but you were never able to gain her interest ?"