Newspapers and Letters.

Start from the beginning

I watch as she walks towards me, and she sits on the edge of my bed. I sit up slightly, and I notice her staring down at the letters.

"My mom left you these, Flynn." She hands me four letters, and my heart shatters at the sight of them.

My hands shakes as I grab them from her grasp, and I look at the labels on each of them.

Flynn—The Goodbye.
Flynn—The Funeral.
Flynn—Missing Me.
Flynn—Advice.

"When did she do this?" I ask, looking at the pile of letters.

"I don't know." She says, staring at the one letter she has in her hands. "My dad is a wreck and I can't bare to ask him anything, and Rye hasn't came home from Johanna's house."

"We don't have to talk about this," I say whilst grabbing the letter out of her hands and placing it beside me. "Think about something else for a little while, Lo."

"I can't." She remarks, and a tear falls down her cheek.

I reach up and wipe away the tear before pulling her into my arms. She buries her head in the crook of my neck, and I can tell she's crying. I run my hand up and down her back, trying my best to comfort her.

"I'm so sorry, Willow." I remark softly, and she finally lets out a cry. "You're okay, love."

"Why wasn't I enough for her to stay?" She asks, but I don't have an answer. "Why am I not enough?"

"Willow—" I start, but she cuts me off.

"I've never been enough, Flynn." She sobs into me. "I wasn't enough the first time she tried this, I—I wasn't enough to stop her this time, I've never been good enough—"

"Willow." I say, gently taking her face in my hands and forcing her to face me. "You were always enough for her, Lo. She would talk about you to me for hours, and she wouldn't run out of things to brag about."

"She did?" She asks, looking at me. I laugh softly at her, and I nod my head before leaning up and kissing her forehead.

"I remember this one time where she told me how proud she was that you used the oven without her. She watched from around the corner as you put the bread into the oven, just to make sure you didn't get burned." I say, caressing her cheek with my finger.

"I thought she was asleep when I did that." She remarks, but I shake my head.

"She also spent an entire hour talking about how you painted her a painting of a pond and a duck when you were five just so you could make her feel better." I say, and I watch as she doesn't say anything.

Instead, she lies back down on my chest, and lets the rest of her tears fall.

"I don't think I can read my letter, Flynn." She lets out, and I run my hands through her blonde hair.

"That's okay, sweetheart." I smile, just being happy that she's moved on from the last topic.

She doesn't say anything, and I can tell she's thinking and rethinking everything she just thought of. I notice her playing with the locket I got her, and it worries me because she only does that when she's upset.

If she hadn't of given me all of her blades, I think losing Katniss would've been the final blow for her. Willow is one step away from being in the same position as Katniss was, and it kills me to think she could do the same as her mother did.