Chapter 2

"You're bringing the jeep?"

"You know the plan, right? No one gets left behind. That's the plan."

I scoff, turning away from the two boys. I look up at Liam and say, "Can't believe they're actually going to college soon."

He nods in agreement. "I know. Can't believe they're planning on living together."

"That I can believe. They're basically in a relationship," I laugh.

The sound of rumbling thunder makes me jump a little and glance at the night sky, which is full of dark clouds but it isn't even covering the shining moon. It's been only a week since my date with Liam after I came back from my trip, and it's a full moon again. Then, we'll all have to face the first day of school tomorrow. Time seriously goes by too fast, especially in summer.

"How're you feeling?" I question Liam, averting my gaze from the moon to him.

"I'm good." He shrugs- if you can consider that shrugging; it looks odd from this view because he's currently chained up to a massive tree. "I guess I'm in control."

I raise my eyebrows. "You guess?"

"It's still a little rocky trying to keep myself calm, okay?" he admits defensively. "But I can handle it."

Before I can continue talking to him, I hear Stiles say something to Scott. "You think it's been long enough?" he asks faintly.

"Yes!" Liam answers loudly for him from his place. While he's in that position, Scott and Stiles have been discussing their plans for college by the jeep while I just sit down on the grass and chat with Liam to try and keep his mind off of things. Also, just like that day at Lydia's lake house, I've been requested to bring my bow and arrows along. I haven't used it properly in months not just because of my vacation, but also because Argent has left and I can't train with him anymore. Everything's been pretty normal nowadays, too, so there isn't much use to it. Besides, Liam hasn't been going out of control lately. Not that I know of, anyways.

"Hey!" Stiles now says. "We're trying to have an adult conversation here."

"Alright, you're two years older than us," Liam reminds him. "And I'm fine. Just let me go."

Scott and Stiles glance at each other. After a moment, they finally give in. Scott makes his way around the jeep and retrieve the keys to unlock the chains, then he and Stiles head over to us.

"Remind me again why Riley had to come? It could be dangerous-" begins Scott.

I stand up now since the two boys are approaching us and will be releasing Liam soon, then I speak up. "I'm completely capable of-" I start but am cut off by Liam.

"I said I'm fine. And I wouldn't hurt her."

Noticing the tension, Stiles jumps in. "Like I said earlier, Liam at least needs some company. The kid's lonely."

"Again, I'm only two years younger. So please let me go."

"It's not that we don't trust you," Scott tells him as he stops in front of him, fumbling with the keys.

"I don't trust you," Stiles says.

"But after that last full moon..." Scott goes on, ignoring his best friend.

"It was one slip-up," Liam insists.

"Slip-up?" says Stiles disbelievingly. "A dozen calls to the Sheriff's Department about a monstrous dog boy running around the streets of Beacon Hills naked. That's a slip-up?"

I burst out laughing. "Wait, what? How did I not know about this?"

"Well, you were away for a while and it doesn't exactly come up in a text message."