the meeting of fated rivals part 7

In the grass plains. After briefing Sally about the history of Xaviers eye, how it came to be and how he got it. It was time to begin training.

   “You are among the very few people who know about this eye. This type of information is very dangerous and the only reason the world today has known such peace is because Argus thought best to keep all the clans in the dark about its existence. Handle it with care, fair warning if you do leak this to the public. I might have to kill you,” Gasper explained.

Sally laughed and said, “Kill me, you are joking right?” Gasper kept a straight face the entire time. “Oh, shit,” Sally was petrified. Gasper laughed and said, “just keep it a buck and we’re good. Now that, that’s out of the way we can get to training.” “Okay, where do we start?” Sally asked. “Jena said you need to work on combat training and we’re going to do that the best way possible. First, we need to identify what aspect of nature your mana is more inclined to produce. Now don’t panic, parts of the body have been altered in order to facilitate this heavenly energy. When you tamper with the right parts, the body will respond with a reflex action and your mana well, will do something funky,” Gasper pinched Sally on the neck and struck a few points on her body that made her regurgitate water.

“Ah, water, your spells and combat should mimic that of water, adaptive and even better for you because water has some useful healing properties with magic,” Gasper said. Sally was still on the ground, on all four limbs. “What’s the matter Sal?” Xavier asked. Flustering Sally replied, “my mouth isn’t the only place water came out of.” “Oh, shit it must work differently on females but I never guessed it would work like that,” Gasper laughed.

“Don’t worry Sally, apart from sneezing Xavier farted too,” Gasper said. “Why did that happen to him yet mine was different!” Sally got frustrated. “Oh, Xavier is an air type hence the sneeze,” Gasper replied. “Ugh where’s the bathroom?” Sally asked. “We’re out in the fields Sal, You’re going to have to go back to the woods for that,” Gasper said. “Ugh, Christa, fire,” Sally said. Christa took Sally somewhere private in order to dry her off.

“Well, at least you know how to get her going in case you have any trouble,” Gasper laughed. “Wait, so what type are you, old man?” Xavier asked. “Oh, I’m a fire type. When my master did that to me, I exhaled fire,” Gasper replied. “What happens to earth and lightning types?” Xavier asked. “Earth types stiffen up and lightning types, well. Let’s just say they do quite a unique dance on the floor,” Gasper replied.

Jasmine made her way up Purity peak. The castle faced southwest and Jasmine entered through the southern stairs. There was wide open area and at the center was a statue of the very first sorcerer supreme, Rafiki. Behind the statue was the Castle. Diane was waiting for Jasmine outside the castle doors with her hands on her hips. “Jasmine, is it?” Diane asked. “Yes, that’s me,” Jasmine replied. “Welcome, my name is Diane and I’ll be mentoring you,” Diane said.

“Nice to meet you, Diane. Principal Jena was right, you are the first person to welcome me,” Jasmine said. “Was that what she said?” Diane laughed, “I never seem to understand that woman.” “Why aren’t they any male soldiers around though?” Jasmine asked. “Oh, I suppose Jena hasn’t told you yet?” Diane asked. “Told me what?” Jasmine replied. Diane chuckled and said, “Well, you’ll soon find out.”

While Sally was still practicing her water ability training, Gasper had time to tell Xavier a secret. “Xavier, what I’m about to share with you is a powerful technique, passed down to me from the second sorcerer supreme himself and with your capabilities, I have a strong feeling you’ll take it to the next level,” Gasper said. “What is it?” Xavier asked.

“The weighted fist. It’s a fusion of earth and lighting techniques to make each strike weigh heavier than the last depending on your mana output. Low level output would make each strike two times heavier than the last and high level or maximum level would make each strike a hundred times heavier than the last. That’s how Reiko was able to wipe out an entire clan,” Gasper explained.