Chapter 17

Song: this house is not the same -Sweet Boy

It had been a few months now. Saturn was slowly getting better, but Earth was still in a pretty bad state. Everything reminded him of the moon. He would see Mars talking to his moons sometimes, how they were happy. His core ached every time he saw that.

Mars decided that it was enough, and he was gonna try to cheer up the Earth. He went to Earth's orbit, and it seems like Venus had the same idea, since he saw that Venus had just arrived there as well. They look at each other before looking at the Earth. Earth was facing the other way.

"Earth.." Mars said carefully to not startle him. Earth turned around. Bags were still visible under his eyes. Mars sighed, it really did pain him to see Earth in this state. He put on a half-fake smile. "Wanna... play cards?" He said. Venus nodded, like he was gonna ask the same thing. Earth shook his head lightly. Mars' half-fake smile disappeared. Venus started speaking instead. "Come on Earth... just one round?" Earth shook his head again and looked away. Venus sighed. "Earth.. I know it's tough... but.. we wanna help you... just please.. play one round with us..." Mars said. Earth turned around again with a sad look on his face. But he nodded. "Okay.." he said. Mars and Venus smiled. Mars took out a stack of cards and started giving them out.

They played one round. And then another. And then one more. And they played for a while, like they used to. And in a very long time, Earth had a smile on his face. Sure it was only a small, slight smile, and it only lasted for a very short time, but it was process.

And they did this every day.

Every day until Earth finally started talking more, until he finally, for the first time in so long, laughed. Of course he still missed his moon, but he had his friends. They cared for him. And he cared about them.