Chapter 45: Prepare for the midterms.

After all the upheaval that brought the sudden classes with both powered and magical girl outfits, the school came into a more normal day. Even if some still tried to pester her about her thunder-aligned supposed powers. Not that she had any, well...She may be able to do a sneaky sneaky with her spells... But the smart students would catch her in the mana manipulation so she refrained herself. Besides, it would be embarrassing if someone with a skill for identifying the type of skill one had was to be around. And those did exist since apparently the student council always had someone with that skill in their roster. How did they even manage that? God knows. She suspected foul play and probably either a teacher or [Hero] with a longevity skill was at play keeping students frozen in time. Yeah, she would also accept that deal if her only skill was of the information-gathering type. So when they brought forth a student gathering in the auditorium, she didn't overthink about it. "What do you think they want to speak to us about Eli-Eli?" asked her always loyal pink-haired friend. "Probably news about a tournament or something." Answered the blonde girl. Her mother always complained about how predictable these things were while the [Fate blessed] were involved. Granted, she didn't call them that, but after her latest findings? Yeah, she now understood more about things. Like how Akira & Rena jumped to levels 10 & 15 in one match alone. While she had to fight 3 stacked matches and lose 2 of them. Even if the records stated she won 2. And even after taking that into consideration... Yeah, she didn't think she could sneak another win that easily again. She didn't even want to try to use her now renewed knowledge about how [Identify] worked. To use it like before was bound to bring either faulty or incomplete information. She did use the skill in itself though. Getting some interesting information out of that. Identify This skill allows the user to bring information from the Akashic Records to understand and visualize the hidden truth of the world at large. It brings information to the level that the user is capable of understanding. If the Akashic Records doesn't have the information, it tries to pry said information from the target of the Identify skill. While some can resist the influence of the skills usually the target will not notice the effects of the skills. If the said target has a good affinity with the world or has experienced the influence of the Akashic Records before they may notice this skill. If the skill is reinforced by [Idea] it will bring information closer to [The Truth] at the expense of [Mana] the larger the difference between the user and the target, the more mana is expended. If the target doesn't intend to share information with the user the mana cost can grow. In case of getting reinforced by [Idea], the skill is more aggressive in its recollection of information. So the target may notice the intrusion. Since in this case, the skill sounds the [Soulscape] of the target. A whole new paragraph talking about [Idea], and how her skill it seemed to try and encroach into the [Soulscape] of its targets. That...Was scary, if nothing else. Also, it should be impossible. She didn't know how one of the most basic forms of her skill could allow tampering with something that was supposed to be sacred. She didn't want to dwell too much on it and felt like she had visited quite enough Alexanders in her soulscape. Also, he was going on vacation...How was that even possible? Wasn't he part of her soulscape? Wait...How did he even end up there? She felt like something was going there, but somehow always found something more important to ask... Oh well, if it was important Alexanders would have brought that up anyway. Or her mother. She felt like her mother would know about this and brought it up if it was important, so for now, she focused on the announcement to be made in this student meeting. And soon enough it would start. "Look Eli-Eli, the student council!" Said the pink-haired girl to her left when they had found a seat. And sure enough, there they were. The five most prominent students of this academy. From the powered side the vice president Lilly Hartley, a fire-aligned manipulator.

How did she know? Well, hard to not notice the spark of fire that was stuck in her hair and orbiting around her. Then there was her secretary, Selen Dawnstrike. She was from the magic side apparently she was a holy-aligned kind of priestess or something.