Route 5 - Part 3

Nicole grumbled and cursed as she made her way to Jecka's house, imagining killing the principal and her mom, laughing as they begged for mercy.

I hope your next boyfriend kills you, she thought, finally arriving at Jecka's house and knocking on the front door.

Nicole: "Hurry up, I texted like 5 minutes ago," she muttered impatiently.

After a couple of seconds, the door finally opened, revealing the familiar blond.

Jecka: "What the hell is going on?" she asked.

Nicole: "Do you still have that futon in your basement?" she inquired.

Jecka: "Yeah, it's covered in dried Mr. Pibb but yeah," she replied.

Nicole: "I guess that's fine; can I sleep here?" she requested.

Jecka: "Tonight??"

Nicole: "No, bitch, tomorrow," she retorted sarcastically.

Jecka "Are you really getting expelled over that drawing? That's bullshit, just tell your mom that," she suggested.

Nicole: "I'm done telling my mom anything. She can rot on a tanning bed for all I care," she replied bitterly.

Jecka: "Well, you're gonna rot in the street if you don't work it out with her," she warned.

Nicole: "Dude, you have a house, just let me stay with you,"

Jecka: "If it was my house, you could stay all you want, but it's my parents' house. Mom'll get pissed, Dad'll probably hit on you, it'll be so weird," she explained, grimacing at the thought.

Nicole: "Okay, so it's you and your dad against her, that's perfect. Lemme stay," she persisted.

Jecka: "No, Nicole. Like I wish I could help, but I don't know," she replied guiltily.

Nicole stared at Jecka, feeling a bit betrayed.

Nicole: "Well, can you at least gimme all the fruit roll-ups in your kitchen?"

Jecka: "I'll be right back—oh wait!" She paused.

Nicole: "Change your mind?"

Jecka: "No, HEY DAD CAN I BORROW YOUR CAR?!" She called out.

???: "WHY???" her dad's voice replied from somewhere in the house.

Jecka: "I JUST NEED TO DRIVE A FRIEND BACK TO HER PLACE!" she shouted, entering the house, leaving Nicole outside.

Dad: "THIS LATE??? WHO'S YOUR FRIEND???" her dad's voice questioned.

Jecka: "NICOLE!" she announced.

Dad: "... BUY ME SOME PIZZA WHILE YOU'RE AT IT!" her dad said.

Jecka: "THANKS!" she yelled back before returning to Nicole with a keychain.

Nicole: "Are there even any open pizza stores at this hour?" she asked as they got in Jecka's dad's truck.

Jecka: "You're not crashing at my place, but you can crash with someone else," she explained.

Nicole: "Who? Emily is a nutcase, Kelly's house is probably a porn studio, and there's no way I'm crashing with any of the guys!" she objected.

Jecka: "Oh, well, there goes that idea," she sighed as she started the engine.

Nicole: "Excuse me? Who's the guy?" she pressed.

Jecka: "I'm not taking you to Crispin if that's what you're thinking," she clarified.

Nicole: "Then who's the guy?"