Chapter 13: She is safe.

Amanda's POV

I shot her because no one messes with what is mine.

"Elora?" I heard Cyril's voice.

"Cyril." I marched towards him as I untied his ropes, and then I saw Susan's unconscious body lying beside him. I untied her ropes as I tried to wake up. I heard Julie say something which made me look up at them in confusion.

"How are you, Jason?" She said as she walked towards him, swaying her hips. Do they know each other?

"Am I missing something?" I blurted out.

"Oh, you were just a worthless chapter, I am the full book Amanda, or should I call you, Elora?" She smirked at me.

"How do you know- care to explain?"

"You don't have the slightest idea, do you?" Wayne asked. I shook my head in no.

"Thought why Derek appointed us for this case?" Dewan started. "Cecilia." Everyone gave a knowing look as I looked at Jason, confused, what about Cecilia? He averted my eyes.

Derek was hiding this from me, but why? Cyril took my pinky finger in hand, so I looked at him.

"Mommy..." He said.

I sat down at his level as I explained to him. "Susan will be fine, do you want to drink some water and eat something?" He nodded vigorously. Food always works. I wiped a tear that escaped his eye as I smiled at him. "Let's go." I stood up and glanced at them one last look.

***

"I am sorry I wasn't there for you when you needed me." I cupped Cary's hand in mine.

"It's okay, but you had other matters too." I shook my head.

"You are more important than any." She was my best friend, my sister, and my mother when I needed her.

I spoke with Derek about Jason and the case of Cecilia. The Shadow Hunters kidnapped and raped her brutally. That's why she is not here with us now, I even asked what the Blakes meant to Derek and was shocked to hear that Mr. Soren and Derek were mates during their times, and when Mr. Blake asked for help Derek appointed Julie and her team. I still don't understand if it was the continuation of the case, why would Derek appoint us? I am glad that he did because I met someone whom I could love, but he will never be mine.

"How are you feeling, Carol?" The door to the burst room opened to reveal Derek.

"I am getting better." She smiled at him.

"Someone's here to meet you." He turned to Caden and Jason, who walked inside. Caden came rushing to Cary when he saw her, so I backed off.

"Waffles." He said as he sat on the chair I previously sat on. "Thanks, Elora, for keeping her safe."

"Amanda." I nodded at him.

"Carol." She said, looking at Caden.

I stood beside Derek as they had their sweet talk.

"I want to be an aunt soon what say, commander, you want to be the god grandfather?" I grinned at him.

"I would love to." He said as I heard a throat clear.

"Jason, how are you, son?" Derek spoke.

"I am good." He nodded at him.

"Ah, Amanda, you guys should take a break from the job." I needed one. "You can go back to school if you wish." That's a chore.

Jason's POV

It's been a few days since I was rescued, Caden and Gail came home when they got the news. I hadn't seen Moon, I mean Amanda but calling her anything other than Moon felt peculiar, and my heart was craving to see her again. As if I was missing a big part of myself, I was missing her, her presence.