Chapter 6: Confused

Jason's POV

A lot has happened these few days, and Caden kept asking me if I was okay, was I? No, I was far from it. My parents and I became close when Ceci left us. Cecilia, my sister, she left us, no, she was murdered, raped, and God knows what? I promised myself the day we found her body that I wouldn't spare those bastards.

I talked to my Dad about the incident at school, he said it wouldn't be a problem anymore, and I would never encounter something like that again, what did he mean? I have no idea what's going on around me, but I had to find out.

Kourtney didn't understand when I said I was not interested in her anymore, but she insisted she wanted to stay around me. I always caught Moon staring at me like it was hurting her to see me with Kourtney. I always felt this pain in my heart when she looked at me like that. Woah, I am turning emo.

But Moon did save me, and I am thankful that she took large measures and fought so bravely. I still don't understand why she said, to be out of danger the other day, does she know me, my past? Other than Caden, no one knows about Cecilia, and he won't say a word about her to anyone. Cecilia was like a sister to him, and he loved her more than me. Anyway, he will be asking Rose to be his girlfriend in a few days, and I hope they work their relationship out.

Speaking of Moon, I like her, in fact, more than that, she is different, funny, wierd, and importantly she doesn't show off like other girls, is simple yet sarcastic, and is a food lover. When Kourtney approached her the first day, I was there listening to their conversation.

Okay, officially, I'm a stalker. She shooed her off like a piece of cake, but she knew exactly what she wanted. And I know she wouldn't want me.

My mind tends to be unstable when unexpected incidents happen, it reminds me of Ceci, and I try to walk away and restrain my emotions. Caden has supported me through my dark times, and he was always there when I cried nights for my little sister. I love the small group of people I have who genuinely care for me and do not pretend because of my background.

Amanda's POV

I walked to my locker, the school was over long ago as the teacher made me do the maths sums again because I couldn't do one correctly, sue me. I opened my locker door as I heard a familiar voice, but it wasn't clear. I closed the door slowly as I walked closer to the turn of the hallway and leaned on the wall.

"She won't leave him alone." The voice said.

"No, he is at the practice." I recognized the voice it was Kourtney.

I bet she is talking to someone on the phone and planning new ways to hurt Jason suddenly I heard faint footsteps, and I looked to my left and right, but no one.

"He will be dead soon." A new voice said.

Who will be dead? She is planning to kill, Jason?

"You shouldn't sneak on someone like that." I heard a voice near my ear, which made me jump and turn around. My eyes widened at the sight of Jason.

You have such wrong-timing!

"Shh." I put a finger over my lips. He rolled his eyes at me as I shushed him again when he tried to speak. I heard two sets of footsteps growing louder, guess they were coming our way. I grabbed Jason's arm as I entered the nearby empty room and closed the door behind me without making a sound.

"What are you-" I put a hand on his mouth, daring him to talk as I looked at the electric grey eyes for a second too long, I was falling for his eyes. Derek's voice rang in my ears like an alarm on what he said on the first day of my training.

'Your first rule is not to have any kind of affection or attachment towards your target.'

I can't, even if I want to, I just can't. I took a deep breath in, oh his shampoo, I averted my eyes as he stared at me with those beautiful eyes.

The footsteps grew louder with my heartbeats, seconds felt like hours with every passing moment. I clutched whatever I was holding at the moment, which was Jason's collar, and I hoped he didn't mind it. I shut my eyes close, trying to calm my breath in the process taking all of him inside. When did I start enjoying his presence? I need some food immediately. The footsteps fainted slowly.

I signed in relief as I looked at Jason, who looked at me confused yet entertained, I withdrew my hand from him and took a step back. "What?" I snapped. He shook his head with a mischievous smile. I walked towards the door, but Jason pulled me back to the positions we were before. "Jason, leave me," I said strongly.

"No." I looked at him, confused.

"Why?" I tilted my head still trying to release. I could easily get out of his grip, but I had to act naive.

"Because." He thought for a second. "I don't want to." I signed.

"You won't get what you are planning right now." I made a distance between us.

"Who said I want something?" He furrowed his eyebrows. He looked cute.

Stop right there, Missy.

"Then, I am leaving." I shrugged and walked away, and this time, he didn't stop me. I heard him jog and walk beside me.

"You still angry at me?" I turned to him.

"Angry about what?"

"Kourtney...you know..." He scratched his head.

God, he looked handsome all the time, his bed hair, how does he manage to do that?

"That's none of my business, what makes you think I am angry?" I crossed my arms, tapping my foot.

"I... don't...know?" I signed and started walking to the parking lot. Why does he always have to waste my time? I stopped as I remembered I didn't have a vehicle today. I gave the car keys to Carol just in case of an emergency. Sad, I have to take a bus.

Yea, life!

"Don't you have football practice or something?"

"I ditched it." I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Just like that?" I asked.

"Just like that..." He shrugged. I exited the school gate as I saw a car slow down beside me. "Come, I will drop you." He said.

"No, I don't want to bother you." I kept walking.

"Moon, just sit in the fucking car!" I signed and sat on the seat beside him. It was silence, an annoying silence as I stared outside the window at nothing but everything. I blinked once, twice. Am I dreaming? I looked at him.

"Did you say something?" I asked, confused.

He smiled widely, "I said, I; Jason Blake likes you, Moon."