Chapter 7: The mission is over.

Amanda's POV

Before I could process anything, there was a loud crash, and I felt the air blowing on my face like my hair drier. I kept looking at Jason, dumb folded, processing what was happening around me. My hair flew out as the world seemed to whirl around me, and then there was another bang that pulled us down due to the gravity, I learned at school.

Okay, not the right time.

My head was spinning and pain took over me as I reached to grab my phone, I felt liquid travel down my arm, making the sound of a splash when it hit the car roof. I dialed the emergency number I had set.

"Cary." My breath hitched.

"What-what happened, Ama-" I cut her off.

"C-Car crash." I tried to get up from my spot and looked at Jason, who was in pain. "2nd Lane."

"Everything's fine, t-the help will be here in n-no time, and I am here to protect you," I assured him as he held my hand, I gently squeezed it with all the energy I had. "Breathe." I pulled myself out of the car and helped Jason out without letting the glass hurt him. A voice made me look up as I put him against the wall safely.

"Why are you trying so hard to protect him?" Kourtney smirked at me.

"Because you are doing the opposite." I pulled my gun out at her. "Back off, Kourtney, I warned you." I felt the blood run down my temple.

She pulled her gun out as I shielded Jason. "You won't do anything silly." I felt blood in my mouth. I spat it on the side.

"You think that you can protect that pathetic soul? Do you think I will leave you alive? Quit it." She said, laughing.

I looked at Jason, who looked pale, and the blood was leaving his body slowly. His hands bled, his forehead had a huge wound, and his lips were cut. Oh, my heart hurts.

"Hang in there, Jason. It will take only five minutes to finish this matter." I pulled the trigger before she could react and shot her. I saw Kourtney's body fall to the ground. Easy target as she always was.

"Not so easy there." I heard a voice say.

"Seb? Zach? Rats!"

"Ah-ha, who told you to come between Jason and us?" Zach said, leaning against Jason's upside-down car.

"Why?" I asked while cupping my wounded elbow. I had no energy left in me, I felt dizzy.

"It's none of your business, get out of our way," Seb said, pointing a gun toward me.

"I won't," I said steadily, as I heard faint Police sirens. They are here.

Zach shot the gun in the air, warning me. I shook my head in no.

"Feisty." I heard a bang as a bullet went through my left shoulder. I hissed in pain and checked on Jason, but he was unconscious. Seb shot at me and tore my right arm as well.

I heard another, ready to feel the pain again, but instead, I heard a loud groan and opened my eyes to see Zach kneeling by an officer, and Seb had his hands up in surrender. I breathed out in relief as I looked at Cary approaching me.

"I am so proud of you." She said, hugging me.

"AHH!" I winced in pain.

"I am sorry!" She retreated.

"Jason, first Jason. He needs care, hospitalize him now, If it's too late, we will lose him, fast!" I told her as she helped me get up slowly. I leaned on Jason's car as I saw officers taking away Seb and Zach, and a few nurses picked up Kourtney's body and Jason carefully. I closed my eyes, breathing in.

I realized something which made my mind block for a second. No, it can't be, my mission was over. And that meant I won't be able to see Jason every day at school, and we won't have those small talks, and fights. I won't see him playing with his pen during class, or laughing with his friends over random things their fangirls did for them. I won't be walking into the classroom to see Jason already looking at me and smirking, and I won't get to sneak or gaze at him whenever I am talking with Carol, I won't get to protect him from now on. I won't see him, again.

"How are you doing?" I opened my eyes to see Neil.

"Good," I assured him. "Where were you all this time?"

"I had a date..." He scratched his neck, blushing.

"I won't tell commander." I laughed.

"Thanks, Ama." He gave me a cheeky smile but turned serious again. "Now tell me, how are you doing?"

"I managed to do something, I shouldn't have." I shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal.

"Amanda, I am proud of you, agent. Now get hospitalized quickly, we have many missions coming ahead. I want you to recover soon, yeah?" Commander cheered, walking towards us. It only meant that he was happy with the outcome of the mission. "And you, Neil, you come with me to the office," Derek ordered as Neil turned to look at me, I shrugged, someday he had to face his father. They walked away as Carol approached me.

"Ready?" I nodded at her.

"The mission...it's over," I announced.

"I know." She said.

"Does Caden know about us?" She shook her head. "You won't be able to meet him after this, you know, right? Even if you could, Derek wouldn't allow it." She nodded.

"He proposed to me today." She looked down at her hands.

"Oh, will you be okay?." Her eyes filled with tears, no longer holding her eyes. She managed to get heartbroken again, and she wouldn't see him again, Derek wouldn't like that. We never visit the people or places we work at unless we have permission. "I want to stay at the hospital until Jason is out of danger," I announced as she looked at me, confused.

"We aren't allowed to meet our targets after missions." She said as a matter of fact.

"I will try to convince Derek," I informed as a nurse led me into the hospital van.

Gail's POV

I watched her every step since the day of the party. She looked suspicious to me the day she entered the school with her friend and became friends with us, in a snap. It was effortless.

It was something about her when she walked in the hallway, her simplicity, and the way she talked charmed me. She was hiding something from us, acting like a teenager in the hundreds of her age, but the truth was she wasn't any other ordinary teen like me. I wanted to be her friend the instant I laid my eyes on her. Elora Moon Taylor.

I bet her name isn't real, either.

At the party, I wanted to talk to her, but instead, I followed her around, the way she chatted with Caden the way she glanced at Rose, and then finally to the parking lot, she had a gun.

Came unnoticed into the crowd like she was always there standing beside her friend, her acting was so real I must admit. I was there, watching her every step. In just a few days, she was the talk of the boys, but I didn't let the word get to her.

Elora pulled the skills of a fighter, a martial art at school, the moves and angles, wow. I became an instant fan of hers, she talked to me so friendly, and I wanted that to be more.

The more I could have, she was falling for Jason, and Jason was too blind to see he has always been the blind guy, but I wanted her to myself, all to myself, and just me.

I could admire her from close, at the carnival, her beauty, her walk, her everything made me insanely fall for her. The more I saw the more I wanted her to be with me.