Chapter 4: Let's crash the party

Amanda's POV

"Hey, you coming to the party?" Caden asked, casually leaning on the wall. We were in the parking lot, the school just ended.

"Of course, man, I will be there." Jason put a hand around Caden's shoulder.

There's a party tonight, and how come Neil hasn't informed me yet? Is he becoming the lazy-ass pig again? That dumbass hasn't been in touch either.

"Earth to Elora." A snap brought me back to reality.

"Yeah, come again?" I asked Jason.

"Are you coming to the party?" Gail asked before Jason could say something.

"Of course." Party means food, and who says no to food?

"See you then," Jason said, looking away. Jealous is he?

***

We were getting ready for the party, and I decided to wear a black V-neck T-shirt tucked under my jeans, I put my boots on as a call interrupted me.

"Hey, my favorite spy." I smiled.

"Amanda, I missed you so much." Neil, on the other side, chirped.

Neil and I have been friends since we were training, and he's skilled at spying and keeping track of the targets when our agents are not around.

"I missed you too, what's the special occasion?" I asked.

"The party, you would have been informed by your friends." I nodded. "I have suspicions that there is going to be an attack." He finished.

"We will be prepared," I said, ending the call.

"C, you heard me?" I asked, turning around to Carol, she nodded.

I opened the suitcase hidden under the wooden door under my bed. I took the gun and put it inside the jacket I picked, a knife in the boots, as Cary did the same. A card to slit the throat if necessary. I applied mascara and lip gloss before leaving the apartment. 

"Let's crash the party!" Carol announced as I pulled the car to the park.

"That's what we're here for." I chuckled. I looked around the place to find wasted teens walking, some making out with each other, then my eyes settled on Neil looking at his phone.

"Hey, Neil." I waved a hand to get his attention as we advanced to him.

"Hey, Ama, Cary." He hugged us with a wide smile. "How are you, sis?" He asked her.

Yes, they are that close. Neil is Derek's son, and Carol has been working for the agency for a long time before I met her.

"I am great. Anyone shady around?" She asked.

"Nah, take these AirPods with you and be in touch with me, I've already connected them with me." He handed us each one, and we put it on our ears.

"You know the word for check-in, right?" We nodded at him and headed towards the house, blasting with music.

"Cary, Ama, can you hear me?" Neil's voice came through the device.

"Potato."

"Tomato." I looked at Rose, questioning.

"C, it's potato," I said.

"No, it's tomato."

"Guys, it's Marshmallow," I could imagine Neil facepalming himself. We laughed along with him.

"Ame." She grinned. "I will go find Caden," I smirked at her.

"I will go find my kind of heaven." I walked away in search of the kitchen.