76- Life for a Life

" Running? Now?" I hear Temny taunt as we all race, trying to find some sort of safety.

Xaden leads with Segyl, I'm second and the others follow as we dive into the moutains below hoping, just hoping we're just one or two seconds faster to escape.

It's pouring now, with the rain beating down on us and the humidity for this ara creating dense fog, hoping to aide us.

Or hurt us. Temny can use it just as well as we could.

I hold on tighter to Rhys feeling tiredness take over, how my body so badly wanted to just sleep, close my eyes, though this tiredness had  a certain cold feeling to it, a feeling if I succumb to it I don't think I'd wake.

" We hover just above the river. No way they'll be able to reach us from down there!" Xaden calls out flying downwards.

" Hang on a little longer." He then whispers comforting in my head as if trying to soothe me.

My eyes shoot to his once more, he was looking behind us then at me. 

Above I see Tairn flying, trying to find us through the fog, I hear Temny shouting in a language I don't know, I see reborns trailing behind her I know waiting for the next command... to find us once we're spotted.

" I don't want you channeling unless your directly getting attacked. Understood?" Rhys asks, not trying to hide the concern for me.

" Can Andarana feel this?"

" Yes, she's already making it back to the Vale, She'll live."

" She thinks I'm dead?"

" She knows your close to. She understood your directions."

We all fly silently as we're maybe only 20 feet from touching the rushing river below us, the waves crashing viciously across the rock, one wrong move and even a dragon could get swept up in a current like that.

My eyes look up above us, straining to try to see something, anything. It seems the others seems to be doing the same. " Do you think we lost them?" Hetta asks almost hopefully.

Rhys seems to perk up, cocking his head from side to side. " They're right above us."

I feel the drop in my chest, Xaden must've heard that because I see His eyes widen jerking his head up, Segyl seemed even more alert, then there was the hiss of water being evaporated.

Blue fire reigns down from above us, only 100 yeards away, I could feel the heat as the dragons fly faster, all of us looking back at the flames, then the lauhh of Temny.

" The River? Seriously?!" She cackles. " You basically just trapped yourself in!"