25- Body Guard

I knew to listen to Xaden..

So there I sat, what happened racing in my mind. What if it wasn't Amber Mavis, what if it was someone that looked like her? Now I told Xaden and he said he'd take care of it.

I feel my stomach twist.

It's an offense if you blame a wing leader and get stood incorrected, I could get killed... But it had to be her... I should've looked at the uniform a little closer, I was in such a fight or flight mode, what if it wasn't...

" Trust your senses halfblood.." Rhys voice says lowly in my mind. I think that was supposed to make me feel better but it didn't.

I sigh, trying to pick apart every little detail... but when it came to her.. no.. I was sure.. Though it didn't make sense why she would be with the unbonded...

None of this makes sense to me...

The night I was just as restless, twisiting and turning, afraid to sleep again incase some of the other unbonded decided to pay me a visit. If it was Amber..what's stopping her from coming to kill me right now?

Though there was this.. miniscule part of me that told me Xaden wasn't going to let this happen. He wanted me to stay in this room so surely he has it protected right?

Right?

The morning comes slowly and by the time it's dawn I'm itching to get out of this damn room, I'm just lucky I had one with windows so I can atleast watch the sunrise. I slowly comb through my hair and braiding it into a crown like Mira did for me once before, it took me several tries before I perfected it.

What else do I have to do?

Awhile later there was a knock, I debated opening it until I heard their voices. " Your safe to come out Sorrengail.." Imogen's annoyed tone rings, I open it seeing Hetta beside her. She flings herself into my arms. " I'm glad your alright!"

" Hetta.." I grimace...

Imogen literally pulls her off of me, " She's more bruises then human at the moment..let off." She then looks at me, " Gald to see you survived the night... We're your damned escourts.." She grumbles.

" You act like it's a bad thing." I chime.

" I'll hit you in the gut Sorrengail.."

I chuckle was we walk to the Morning deathrolls. " .... And Orren Siefert."

Imogen instructed not to show any emotion, or weakness.. not many know about the attack and Xaden wants to keep it that way, so I stand tall, block to pain and lift my head up. I had no pity in my heart for any of them..even Orren and Xaden's cruel killing with him.