1- Conscription Day

It was pouring today.

Of course it needs to rain today.

I slowly get out of bed, looking out the window. I sigh brushing through my hair before putting it up. I had everything packed the night before per my mothers orders so I could rest as much as I could, wake up, change, do my hair, and put a limited protion of the last 20 years of my life on my back going out the door.

She advised I wear tighter fitted clothes, so thats what I throw on, she also said something about leaving my hair tight but I didn't see much reason in that. If someone decides to fight me it's their own funeral, especially trying to cross, how stupid could one be?

Plus the tension makes me head spin, and I need all the focus I can get.

I throw my rucksack over my shoulder going to General Sorrengails office, I'm not sure what she could possibly do or say that would have any relevance before I leave but i just follow the orders given to me.

I go up the 6 flights of stairs easily, that's only a warm up for me. As I draw near I can hear the mumbled voices behind the heavy wood door.

" You think she's ready?"

" She's been training just as long as you did once before Mira."

" Yea, but she acts out and that will get her killed."

There was a moment of silence. I wait for my mothers response, " Then so be it, if she can't act collected like us Sorrengails then she dies."

I do have a temper, one I show more often then not but I always needed to. Again I feel the burning heat of anger thats a secondary feeling now to me. I know she wouldn't care if I died, I've always felt her distain towards me. I never figured out why she didn't get rid of me, I'm not from the scribe, I'm from...

I guess someone from her travels.

Mira once told me that she tried playing it off as the scribes, but once I came out nearly void of color she blamed it on the sickness she had, then when I never grew back into my color and showed to many different traits to cover..thats when it came out.

That's when he hated her. Then I think that's when she started hating me.

I go through the door eyeing the two of them. " I assure you, I will not die." I spit.

Mira frowns while my mother had somewhat of a grin on her face as she looks at me. " Your here eariler then I thought."

" Excited I suppose." I lie right through my teeth, truth is I'm almost terrified. Almost.

She hums, while Mira stares.

All us kids were tall, my mother has height I suppose my father did too, while she's a golden color I'm pale, she was amber eyes while I don't have two of the same eye color, one being a semi dark blue and a drained blue grey adding to my ' exotic' appearence. She keeps her hair short for combat while I never cut mine.

The general looks me over, coming around to study me. Ofcourse she picks up a thick strand of my white hair pulling on it. " I thought I told you to keep this tight."

I pull my hair away with a yank, " Then I can't focus."

" It's going to be easy for a cadet to yank you down to your death with that white mop on your head."

I narrow my eyes, " They'd need to get close to me, and avoid my dagger."

" Then both of you will go down on the parapet." She sighs shaking her head.