23- The Attempt

After that day I felt just... void.

I didn't need Xaden's petty jokes or proving to know Dain always will put rules, power, rider loyalty, and admiration to our parents over me. I already knew that, I always did, I just thought maybe..just maybe..one day he wouldn't.

That he'd choose to comfort me and take my side instead of my mothers, that he would've saw me as I saw him all these years, that he'd openly show me infront of everyone how much he cared.

That he'd just choose me.

Because no one had ever chose me.

And the one person I thought would choose me didn't. And he openly said it to me, and he was to quick to take a paper from someone he knows hates his guts..possibly Xaden hates Dain more then he hates me.

Dain's better judgement should've told him it was a sham..but he's so eager for the power and rank it was like he was blind.

I've heard people say this place will strip you of who you are, down to your core. And I think I finally see Dain's core.

He wants power. And that's all he'll ever want no matter what or who he might need to hurt to get it, and I hate that thought because it hits all to close to another person I've been trying to porve myself to my whole life.

He reminds me so much of my mother.

And there's still that part of me that wants to prove myself to her..Now to Dain..That I can be worthy of caring for.

But I can't. Rhys told me about a hundred times to knock it off before he takes me and dumps me down a mountain for beinf sad over a boy while Andarna tried soothing me, only getting scolded by Rhys for coddling me.

But I took his advice wanting to cut anything out. And Dain will be getting cut.

Today, I braid my hair into two tight buns as I put on my flight leathers and walk to the courtyard. Wanting just to enjoy the day I have off... I as no matter as walked through the door to see a group of people making somewhat of a semi circle around another first year I have dragon classes with crawling on the ground screaming.

" Make it stop... It hurts!" He screams as he falls on the concrete before trying to get up once more, reapeating it..

Firm hands grab me, I see his shadow before I could fully turn around. He presses me against the cold stone wall looking back at the first year. " Think of some babble nonsense.." He says quickly.

" What?"

Xaden looks almost nervous, " Cloud your mind with some damn babble shit before we all get in trouble!"

" What is he-?

" He's a Intinsict fury.. now think before he finds out about the woods.." He whispers.