49- Why'd you want to know me?

" What's your favorite season?" I ask Xaden as he escourts me back from combat the following day.

He gives me a look mixed with confusion and hesitance. " Fall... You?"

" Spring."

He nods as he walks me back to my room.

The next day as he walks me back I ask what his favorite food was, again he gives me that look that he doesn't exactly wants to tell me but he always decides against it and tells me anyways. " I like Chocolate, especially chocolate cake with chocolate frosting."

I smirk, " I'm a chocolate lover myself, especially dark chocolate."

He looks back over at me, " You seem like one of those people."

" One of those people?"

He nods with a faint smirk, " Yea.. one of those..people."

" Please, go on.." I urge crossing my arms to look at him fully.

" I'll see you tomorrow. Pretty girl.." He answers back in a tone that's anything but sweet.

" Stop calling me that." 

" Why? Mairi calls you it." Xaden says back crossing his arms to mirror me. " Am I not allowed?"

" No, your not." 

He raises a single brow, his features tightening just a little in annoyance, " And..why not?"

" Because.."

" Because isn't an answer Fury."

" You have Fury and he calls me that nickname." I say finally.

He stays quiet for a moment before speaking again, " I'd gladly switch names with him if that means I'd get to call you pretty everyday." 

I glare at him, though my body betrays me feeling like there's a million butterflies in my stomach. Instead I turn around going into my room not bothering to answer him.

Once I close the door I lean on it exhaling... I don't know how one could be so overly flirtatious and cold at the same time...

The day after that, we just got finished with a flight lesson with Xaden. I've noticed Rhys has been pretty quiet in my mind these last few days, which I don't know if I like or hate. He hasn't given me to many comments either, other then stop embarrassing him and hang on tighter...

We call it a day and decide to rest on a perch not to far away from the college. I slide off leanign against a rock, my stomach not deciding if it wants to throw up or not.