Chapter 21 (Fighting for love)

Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, she stretched her arms above her head and yawned, expecting to feel the comforting presence of her boyfriend, Jungkook, beside her. However, the space next to her was empty, the sheets cold from his absence.

Assuming Jungkook had already left for work, Y/n sighed softly and swung her legs out of bed, padding across the room to start her day. As she made her way to the kitchen, the absence of their maid, Lauren, caught her off guard. Instead, she found a neatly prepared breakfast with a note from Lauren explaining her absence.

"Jungkook is at work, I'm going to do some groceries," the note read.

Y/n smiled at the thoughtfulness of their maid and began to tuck into her breakfast, enjoying the peaceful solitude of the morning. However, her tranquility was short-lived as the sound of the front door opening interrupted her meal.

Turning around, Y/n was met with the sight of Min-Seo, Jungkook's best friend, entering the kitchen. The tension between them was palpable, their strained relationship evident in the way Min-Seo's gaze bore into Y/n with thinly veiled disdain.

Ignoring the hostile atmosphere, Y/n attempted to engage Min-Seo in conversation, hoping to ease the tension that always seemed to linger between them. "Good morning, Min-Seo. How have you been?"

Min-Seo's response was laced with sarcasm as she began to prepare her own breakfast. "Oh, just fantastic. Living the dream, you know," she replied, her tone dripping with insincerity.

Unwilling to let Min-Seo's animosity dampen her spirits, Y/n pressed on, asking about her life outside of their shared connection to Jungkook. However, her attempts at small talk only seemed to aggravate Min-Seo further, as she launched into a tirade about her seemingly perfect relationship with Jungkook.

"It must be nice to be in a relationship where you don't have to worry about anything," Min-Seo remarked, her voice tinged with bitterness. "Unlike some people, who can't seem to keep their boyfriend's attention for more than five minutes."

Y/n felt a surge of frustration bubbling within her at Min-Seo's pointed remarks, but before she could respond, the situation took a dark turn. In a sudden and unexpected move, Min-Seo grabbed a knife from the countertop and brandished it menacingly, the glint of metal reflecting in her eyes.

"You're nothing but a mistake," Min-Seo spat, her voice filled with venom as she advanced towards Y/n, the blade of the knife gleaming in the morning light. "Jungkook should be with someone like me, not a pathetic excuse for a girlfriend like you."

Fear gripped Y/n's heart as she realized the gravity of the situation. She was trapped, defenseless against Min-Seo's onslaught of hostility and aggression. In a desperate bid to protect herself, Y/n raised her arms in a feeble attempt to ward off Min-Seo's advances, but it was futile.

Their altercation escalated into a frenzied struggle, the kitchen becoming a battleground as Y/n fought to defend herself against Min-Seo's relentless onslaught. The air was thick with tension and fear as the two women grappled with each other, their movements fueled by a potent mix of anger and desperation.

Just as it seemed that all hope was lost, salvation arrived in the form of Jungkook, who burst into the kitchen with a look of horror etched across his face. Without hesitation, he sprang into action, rushing forward to intervene and separate the two women before things could escalate any further.

With a swift and decisive movement, Jungkook managed to disarm Min-Seo and push her away, sending her crashing to the ground with a resounding thud. Gasping for breath, Y/n collapsed to her knees, relief flooding through her as she realized that she had narrowly escaped a fate worse than death.

As the dust began to settle, Jungkook enveloped Y/n in a tight embrace, his arms offering a sense of safety and security that she had sorely missed in the chaos of the morning. Together, they stood united against the turmoil that threatened to tear them apart.