Chapter 10 (A date or a promise?)

We arrived at the most luxurious restaurant in New York: Light & Gold (invented name) and went inside to go to our table.

The waiter guided us and took us to a completely empty room, only with a table and a small dance floor but the kind used for slow and elegant dances.

We sat down and ordered what we liked best. He later began the conversation by saying, "You know, I wanted to make this date to get to know each other better. I understand that it must have been difficult for you to hear the news about changing your house without thinking about it first. I promised you that I would explain that shooting incident to you when we returned home but it was better to do it here." he continued

"The truth is that I was so hasty with you not only because you are the woman I fell in love with but also because I have to protect you and keep a promise."

What promise was he talking about? I looked at him curiously and let him speak "Y/n I made a promise to your parents"

Flashback

"Dad, mom, why are you going to this dinner without me? I want to come. A 14-year-old Y/n complained. Y/m (Y/n's mother) replied: "Darling, you know well that this is a dinner of work you can't come, but I promise you that as soon as we arrive we'll see a film together" Y/n started jumping for joy and greeted them. Y/n's parents had dinner with all their colleagues. But suddenly shots were heard. ..shots everywhere. Y/n's parents were injured. Severely injured. So close to death but Y/f (Y/n's father) managed to give a letter to his colleague that he had already prepared and told him before die: "Give it to Jeon Jungkook and tell our   sweetheart that we love her-" and there he fell to the ground exhausted. The next day Jungkook received the letter that said: "Jungkook, I ran this company for a long time but now my end has come. I leave the company to you and as a person, not a boss, I ask you one last favor: protect my daughter".

End of the flashback

After Jungkook told her everything, she started crying

"I'm sorry Y/n but it couldn't have been any other way. Your parents, despite being from a rich family like mine, had a lot of debts and this was the cause of their death"

"Y /n I have to protect you from those who hurt your parents and want to hurt you too. I won't let anyone lay a finger on you" he said all this while hugging you because you were lying on the floor crying.

“But I have to have your confirmation: Y/n do you want to spend the rest of your life with me?”

I accepted.
It was for my safety and my parents' wishes.