chapter seven

Ben and I walked down the silent hallway; his hand was intertwined with mine as we turned down the long tunnel to the locker room. I knew this complex all to well, but I still wanted to hold his hand for 'directions.' My stomach fluttered as sweat stuck to his shirt, defining his muscles. I wanted to be underneath him so badly, but I knew that would be terrible for my career and wouldn't be great for him. It would be a scandal in the tennis community and ruin our reputations. My coach banned him from my life, and I'm sure his would do the same. Also, I've hated him for so long - what has changed?
I heard the door lock clicking behind me as we entered the locker room. When I turned around, Ben was standing two inches away from me. Just when I thought he was about to kiss me, he backed away, almost like he wanted to tease me. "So, Anya, how do you think I played?" "You played very well, but your volleys need some work." His smile faded. I knew I would strike a nerve by saying that. I was lying, and his volleys were outstanding today. He came over to me and grabbed my waist, pulling me closer to him. He leaned in closer to me, our mouths just inches apart,  "We can't," I said in a quiet moan, hoping he wouldn't hear me. "Oh but we can, who cares what people think," he replied in a voice louder than mine. I didn't have the energy to fight him, so I gave in to him. The consequences of this seemed so far in my mind that I didn't care what we were doing. He pressed me against the table, aggressively kissing me until we were both gasping for air. He brushed the hair off my shoulder and traced his fingers along my collarbone, stopping at my bra strap and fiddling with it between his fingers. He stopped at the clasp under my dress, and as he leaned closer to me, his mouth approached my ear. "Let's see your volleys then, Anya." 

He untangled his arms from me and smirked as he left the room, leaving me alone, flustered and confused. 
I would have to show him how good my volleys are tomorrow if he even shows up to my match.

God, I hate him.