chapter two

Today was the day I was leaving for New York! I was awakened by my best friend Emilia banging on my bedroom door. My hair was a mess and there was caked on drool on the left side of my face, I must have been tired. 
It was a tradition for Emilia to show up for me on important days, and she was going to New York with me. " ANYA SMITH WAKE UP, WE ARE GOING TO BE LATE." Please give me two seconds of silence, Anya thought as she climbed out of bed. Emilia and I met when we were younger; we played on the same club team. As we grew older, I kept playing, and Emilia realized she enjoyed fashion and design more; we fit perfectly together, and I wouldn't have it any other way 
When I entered the kitchen, Emilia stood with two berry smoothies. "You shouldn't have; what would I do without you?" "Die," replied Emilia. "Be honest with me. Are you coming to New York to support me or to get pictures for your Instagram feed?" Emilia started to smile, "Both," she replied.
When we arrived at the airport, we were escorted into the Delta lounge, a perk of being ranked in the top 20 worldwide for women's tennis. "This is very nice," exclaimed Emilia. "Do you always get to sit in here?" "Yes, but I prefer normal terminals; it gets lonely back here." "Hey, did you see that Ben Shelton is going to be at the tournament?" squealed Emilia. "Oh god, not you falling for his stupid smirk." Hey, you would do the same - if you actually paid attention to him" said Emilia. "Yeah, but I don't." I reached for my headphones to signal that I was done with this conversation, if she wanted to obsess over that jerkoff she could, but I don't want to hear it.  
We boarded the plane, and Emilia immediately fell asleep due to the amount of melatonin she took, so I was left alone with my thoughts. I posted a selfie of Emilia and me on the plane to let my fans know I was on the way to New York City. I had time to go over rankings for the tournament, and I also had time to watch my film to fix what I did wrong in my other matches. 
I was overwhelmed with thoughts about the tournament. Would I win? Would I fail? I started to doze off at the thought of the trophy.