chapter three

We landed in New York around 6 pm, and if we wanted to make the opening night gala on time, we had to book it.  We slept too long on the plane and were awoken by the attendant to let us know we were the last ones on the plane. 
We ran to the terminal and hopped in the car, which was waiting to take us to the hotel. It was very nice and stocked with champagne. I helped myself to a few glasses; before I knew it, we were at the hotel. It was beautiful—everything was glass or gold—and this has to be one of the top hotels I've stayed in for tennis. Number one goes to a hotel I stayed in for Wimbledon. 
Although I was a world-renowned tennis player, I still wanted to have some fun, and my match still wasn't for two days, so I could have extra fun tonight. 
We finally got the bags to the room, and Emilia started planning outfits, which meant ripping our suitcases apart to find something. That was my queue to leave the room. While she coordinated something that would catch people's attention, I had time to scroll on my phone.
As I went through my Instagram likes, I noticed one certain notification: 'benshelton' liked your photo. I was utterly confused and did not know how to react, how did he know who I was? Why was he looking at my profile? Ididn't have time to react anyway because Emilia let me know that my outfit was ready. "Ooooo you are going to look so good tonight!" She exclaimed. Emilia was all about fasion, so I put all my trust in her. 
I was wearing a black silk floor-length gown with an open back. The dress hugged my curves perfectly, and since tennis players do not usually dress up, I was pleasantly surprised with the look. The dress was Giovani and shipped from italy, so I had to take a few pictures for my Instagram to promote the designer. 
My hair was styled to have volume but still looked soft and touchable, and my makeup was light and airy, highlighting my bright blue eyes and blonde hair perfectly. For once I didnt feel like a sweaty freak, I felt sexy. 
"Are you ready Anya?" "Ready as I'll ever be!"

 Me and Emilia took shots of Tito's before heading down to the car, which was waiting for us. It was going to be a fun night.