Chapter 16

Yoongi's POV-

I just concluded a meeting with Mr. Gyo and Hoseok, and the weight of business matters is still lingering in my mind. As I waited at the traffic signal near the park, lost in my thoughts, something caught my attention. There, amidst the hustle and bustle of the city, I spotted her: my princess, tears staining her delicate cheeks.

My heart pounded with concern and anger as I witnessed her distress from my car window. Yet, to my dismay, I realized she wasn't alone. Standing beside her was HIM – a figure I never wanted to see near her. My heart sank at the sight, and a surge of protectiveness washed over me. This couldn't be happening. Not him. Not near her. Not now.

Without a second thought, I abandoned the traffic signal and rushed to the park's parking lot, my mind racing with worry for her safety. But when I arrived, she was nowhere to be found. I thought, "She might have gone home. I must warn her before it's too late."

Fueled by my protective instincts, I sprinted towards the exit. But then I saw him, standing there with a smirk that sent a surge of fury coursing through my veins. Without hesitation, I lunged at him, gripping his collar with fierce intensity.

"How dare you! Stay away from Y/n!" my voice crackled with anger, my eyes blazing with a fierce determination to protect my princess.

But the man merely smirked, brushing off my grip with a nonchalant ease that only fueled my rage further. "It's too late for that," he sneered, his words dripping with malice. "Now just wait and watch."

My grip tightened, and I stared down at the man before him. "Don't you dare include her in your dirty revenge," I growled, my voice laced with a warning.

As the man sauntered away, my mind raced with thoughts of how to protect Y/n from whatever danger lurked ahead. With a heavy heart, I retreated to my car and drove off.

As the rain cascaded down, each droplet adding to the cacophony on the windshield, my mind couldn't shake the image of Y/N, her tear-streaked face haunting my thoughts

As the rain cascaded down, each droplet adding to the cacophony on the windshield, my mind couldn't shake the image of Y/N, her tear-streaked face haunting my thoughts. Lost in a whirlwind of concern, I failed to register the treacherous conditions of the road until it was too late.

With a suddenness that left me breathless, another vehicle careened into my lane, its reckless manoeuvre forcing me to swerve violently to avoid a collision. The tyres screamed in protest as my car skidded across the slick surface, a moment of sheer terror enveloping me as I fought to regain control.

But control slipped through my fingers like water, and before I could comprehend the chaos unfolding, my car collided with the unforgiving barrier, the impact sending shock waves of pain coursing through my body.

In the aftermath, as the dust settled and the clamour subsided, I found myself grappling with the reality of what had just occurred. Through the haze of agony, my gaze settled on the other driver, his smirk a chilling confirmation of his malicious intent. It was evident that this wasn't merely an accident—it was a deliberate act meant to leave me vulnerable and injured.