38.

Serena's POV

"Something smells amazing" I heard my dad say making me smile "I'm making some pasta"

"That's a lot of pasta for two" he pointed out. Wait till you find out it's not only for us.

"Yeah dad we know I'm a fatass" he laughed at my joke and kissed the side of my head "I didn't mean that sweetheart"

The bell rang making my heart skip a beat "I'll get it" I said when I saw that my dad was about to get up. I turned down the heat of the stove and ran towards the door.

I opened the door and smiled at Blake who was holding flowers in her hands "I'm gonna shit my pants, Serena" she said making me laugh and lean in to peck her lips.

"Who's at the door?!" My dad asked from the living room. I took the flowers from her and took her hand in mine "don't be scared"

"That's like pushing me off a cliff and telling me not to fall" she said making me laugh again. She's all cute and funny when she's nervous.

"Dad.." he looked away from the tv and stood up immediately when he saw Blake.

Blake's grip tightened on my hand and she got more tense "..she's gonna have dinner with us"

"Leave my house" he demanded and Blake nodded "okay" she turned around and was literally about to leave but I held her arm and pulled her back.

"Come on dad. Please just do this for me, it'll make me really happy"

He stayed quiet and glared at Blake "just dinner. She's leaving immediately after" he said walking to the dining room.

"I'm gonna seriously pass out" she whisper yelled to me making me laugh as we walked towards the dining room together.

They both sat down across from each other "I'll get the food" I said which made Blake look at me with a look of panic.

I smiled and walked away to go get the food. I got the pasta and went back to them to see my dad just glaring at her while tapping the table with his index finger as she looked everywhere but at him.

"Okay weirdos.." I placed the food down on the table and sat beside Blake "..you gonna talk or what?" I asked the both of them.

Neither of them answered.

"Uh I noticed a few vinyl in the living room. Do you like music?" Blake spoke, making me smile at her attempt of starting a conversation even if she's nervous.

I put some food in my plate then in hers "thank you" she said with a smile before putting her attention on my dad again "yeah I do"

"Who's your favorite artist?" She asked him. He shrugged "I like the scorpions, hooverphonic, Blur, Micheal Jackson, Gary Moore, Rihanna, Radiohead.. shit like that" he answered.

"Those are some of my favorites too" he raised his eyebrows at what she said and laughed "sure. You just want me to like you"

"Of course I do but they are actually my favorites. Mad about you by hooverphonic has to be played at least three times everyday. Still got the blues has one of the best guitar solos in my opinion. Still loving you is one the scorpions's best song and I don't have to say much about Micheal Jackson or Rihanna, they're the best out there"

My dad smiled a little at what she said "okay so because you know your music, that means I'll think you're good for my daughter?" He questioned.

Blake shook her head "I know you don't like me but I really do love Serena with my whole heart. I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't love her. She's everything I ever wanted"

My dad looked in between us for a little and he seemed to finally believe what she said.

"Does Serena trust you?" He asked her and she frowned her eyebrows in confusion at the random question "I hope so"

"You hope so-" I cut him off "she knows about the situation with mom and Xavier" I said making him clench his jaw at the mention of them.

He knows I hate talking about it. He knows only the people I trust with my life know this.

Blake placed her hand on my thigh making me look at her and smile at her trying to comfort me but I wasn't very bothered, it's okay.

"What about your parents Blake? You see them often?" I looked over at her, wanting to hear this answer too because she doesn't talk to me about her parents a lot.

"They don't- they aren't a big part of my life" my dad nodded his head and left it at that.

They talked for a bit longer as they ate. My dad started warming up to her and Blake started to get more comfortable.

We finished dinner "you wanna watch a movie with us?" My dad asked her and she smiled widely at his request, nodding her head "of course"

I wanted to take the dirty dishes to the kitchen but Blake took them from me "I'll take this" she said going towards the kitchen.

I followed her and we put the dishes in the dishwasher "my dad likes you" I teased making her shrug her shoulders "what can I say? I'm very lovable"

We went to the living room and sat down beside each other as my dad chose the movie for us to watch.

I can tell Blake wasn't sure if she should hold me or not so I took her hand and made her place her arm around my shoulder.

She smiled and kissed the top of my head.

Blake's POV

The movie finished and I looked down at Serena who didn't move since she was asleep "is it okay if I take her up to her room?" I asked her dad and he nodded.

I carried Serena bridal style, making sure not to wake her up. I walked up the stairs and took her to her room. I gently placed her down on the bed, covered her with the blanket and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead "I love you"

I left her room and went downstairs "I'm gonna go home. Thank you for tonight" her dad got up and walked me towards the door.

"Take care of Serena.." I turned to look at him before leaving the house "..I'm still not the biggest fan of this relationship but I want my daughter to be happy. She trusts you a lot so don't break her heart and be careful about people finding out"

"Don't worry sir. I'll take good care of her"