4.

Serena's POV

"There is a quiz on Sunday"

I looked up from my notebook as everyone groaned in sync when they heard what Miss Cassidy said "but we just started school" some girl argued.

"I know and let me explain so you'll see how much it benefits you.." she said to everyone before they start complaining even more.

"..I'll be giving you a quiz at the start of each week about what we took the week before it. At the end of the year, I'll take the highest grade of all the exams and add it to your grades to increase them but if you didn't get a good grade then it won't affect anything"

That's a pretty good idea.

I know I won't be losing any grades because physics is my bitch and as much as I hate to admit it, she's a good teacher but it's nice to have a backup plan incase I miss an assignment or something like that.

She went on with her lesson and then looked down at the watch around her wrist "okay since the class is gonna finish in a few minutes, I need you guys to pick a partner for the project you're gonna do"

I hate physics projects. It makes no sense. Which is why I'm happy about the bonus grade.

"Gonna pick my baby" Hudson said placing his hand on my thigh. I smiled at what he said, placing my hand over his and looking down at my notebook again.

I felt someone staring intensely at me so I looked up to see that it was Miss Cassidy "actually I think I'm gonna be choosing the partners" she said looking at everyone who groaned "but I wanna be with my friend" one of the girls said.

"It would be nice if all of you got to know each other a bit more" Miss Cassidy said, now looking into my eyes.

I didn't give any reaction because I don't really care that much about who's my partner for the project.

She picked some girl to be my partner and we exchanged numbers so we talk about the project later. She seems pretty nice.

"Don't forget to do your homework" Miss Cassidy reminded us as we packed our stuff to leave for our next class.

———

"You look good" Hudson said kissing my neck as he held my waist from behind. I turned around and smiled at him "thanks" I wrapped my arms around his neck.

We had a game today. First game of the season which is pretty important so it is so overwhelming considering the amount of people that are here and the amount of effort the school put into this.

Our cheerleading captain has been very hard on us about this so I'm very anxious about messing up something during the routine or anything at all.

They do have me as the top girl as well which is nerve-wracking.

I might be thrown and not caught, I might not do the flip or anything else well and ruin the whole thing for them, I might lose my balance. And the list goes on.

I switched my gaze to the side and saw Miss Cassidy.

She looks amazing.

She was standing with a few other teachers, wearing black pants alongside a V-neck white shirt with a leather bomber jacket over it since it's a bit chilly.

Ugh lucky ass. I'm in my cheerleading uniform and I'm fucking freezing.

Her eyes landed on me and she smiled, waving her hand at me and I just smiled back "gotta go warm up" I said patting Hudson's chest. He nodded and pecked my lips.

I started walking towards the other cheerleaders and someone bumped into me, spilling their drink all over me "are you fucking kidding me?!" I said to the girl "I'm sorry I didn't see you-" I cut her off and walked past her.

"Start the warm up without me, I gotta go get the spare uniform from the gym" I said to the girls before making my way inside of the school quickly.

Now all of the anxiousness feels like it's happening for a reason.

I tried opening the door to the gym but it was locked. I kicked it in frustration and kept pulling on it hoping it was just stuck but then I gave up and tried to look for someone to help me find the keys for it.

I bumped into someone yet again but without a drink this time.

The person held the sides of my arms to help me gain my balance again "you okay? I saw what happened and thought you might need help" Miss Cassidy said looking down at me.

I felt a little relaxed at what she said "can you help me find the keys to the gym? Please" she moved the hair that was stuck to my lipgloss away and nodded "of course, come on"

She held my hand and pulled me towards one of the teachers' rooms. I looked around the room as she went towards one of the cabinets, opening it and pulling out a few keys from it "these should work" she said showing them to me.

We headed towards the gym and she unlocked the door making me sigh in relief "thank you" I said placing my hand on her face before walking past her.

I realized what I did and stopped in my tracks, turning to look at her "sorry about that. It was out of gratefulness" I said about the face touch. She laughed "it's alright"

I smiled and nodded, going to the room that had the extra uniforms in them but I couldn't find them in the lockers "my fucking luck" I mumbled when I realized it was in the highest locker that even Shaquille O'neal can't fucking reach.

"You need help?" I turned to look at Miss Cassidy and smiled "you're my savior" she laughed at what I said and walked towards me, reaching up to open the unnecessary high cabinet. She's tall tall.

"There. Try to do something right for once" she teased making me roll my eyes as I took the uniform from her "okay creep, leave" I said to her "not even a thank you? Rude and disrespectful"

"I have a game to get to" I said trying to push her out of the room so I can change but she stopped in her tracks and looked at me "ugh okay thank you" I said making her smile "anytime"