7.

Serena's POV

My dad and I are grocery shopping right now since it's kind of a tradition -a necessity as well- but what I mean is we always wait to the beginning of every month to go grocery shopping together.

We never go separately.

Going grocery shopping with my dad is one of my favorite activities ever. I don't know why but it's so much fun.

"Come on dad get in the cart" I whined again as I pushed the cart behind him "I'm gonna get squished, princess" he said laughing.

True. He's tall and a bit buff but it'll be funny and adorable to see a big man in a cart being pushed around by his daughter.

My dad is the exact opposite of toxic masculinity. He's so cutie patootie.

"Give me that cart and go to the candy and chips section. I know you want to" I smiled widely at what he said and kissed his cheek, going towards the section to get what I wanted.

I wanted to go to the other aisle and the moment I turned, I was faced with Miss Cassidy who almost bumped into me.

We stared at each other as she took a step back from me after she realized that we were very close "hi" she said breaking the intense silence. I rolled my eyes and walked past her "it's crazy how you're acting like you didn't do anything wrong" she added.

I stopped in my tracks and turned to look at her "you already got mad at me for that. Just let it go. It's not that deep"

"We're gonna be seeing each other for an entire school year. You really wanna be on bad terms?" She asked and I shrugged "I don't care"

"Everything okay princess?" We both looked at my dad and I smiled at him as he stared at Miss Cassidy "you are?" He questioned switching to his protective personality which is mostly him trying to intimidate Miss Cassidy.

But she didn't budge.

Her back was straightened as she put her hand out for my dad to shake "I'm Blake Cassidy, Serena's physics teacher" she confidently said with a smile on her face.

My dad relaxed and smiled immediately when she said that, shaking her hand "it's very nice to meet you. Are you new? I don't think I've seen you before" my dad said as I stood beside him.

"Yeah. I taught a bit at my hometown but this is my first year teaching in this high school" she said as they both pulled their hands back "that's nice. How is my daughter? I'm sure she's amazing" he said wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

I looked over at Miss Cassidy, hoping she doesn't say about the annoying disrespectful things I have said to her because it'll make my dad really disappointed in me.

That's the last thing I want.

"She's a very smart student" she said making me smile a little "that's my girl" my dad said making me smile widely at him "let me take your stuff and I'll wait by the cashier"

I handed my dad the stuff I picked out and he walked away.

I waited for him to be out of my sight then turned to look at Miss Cassidy again. I opened my mouth to say something but she stopped me before I could say anything "save it. If you're gonna thank me and go back to being disrespectful then I don't wanna hear it" she said before walking past me.

Damn. Never thought someone that I just met being mad at me would upset me in any way but it did.

Ew I hate feeling like this towards someone that's barely considered a part of my life.

I went to my dad and he smiled at me as he handed the worker his card "your teacher seems nice" he said. I hummed and nodded "yeah"

———

"Hi" Miss Cassidy looked at me as I walked into class "class starts in ten minutes-" I cut her off knowing she doesn't want to talk to me and she is making it very obvious "I know. I came here for a proper apology"

I might be a bitch but I felt so guilty about how much of a bitch I was to someone as nice as her. She did lie to my dad about something she doesn't have to lie about. That was really nice of her.

She put her pencil down and set her bag down since I walked in the class right after she did "go ahead" she said turning her body to face me completely as she crossed her arms.

"I really am sorry about how I acted. I'll try to be less disrespectful" I said a bit nervously, not knowing if she'll accept the apology or not because if she doesn't I'll literally be a bitch again.

I don't apologize to a lot of people so she better accept it.

She laughed making me smile a little "so not fully respectful just a little less disrespectful?" She questioned and I shrugged "that's the best I can do for you. Come on don't say you don't love it when I'm rude to you. It's like our little thing"

Miss Cassidy raised her eyebrows with a smile on her face "our little thing huh?" She said lowly. No cause why am I turned on from that?

She stepped closer to me and put her hand out for me to shake "you got yourself a deal, Miss Lennon" I laughed at her sarcasm and shook her hand "also.."

I reached out to the pocket of my pants and pulled out a bar of chocolate "..the apology comes with chocolate too" I said handing it to her "you're an angel sent from heaven" she said sarcastically making me laugh yet again.

I guess I kind of like sarcastic people or whatever.

"I shoplifted it by the way" I said smiling innocently before turning to leave the class "of course you did"