Chapter 25

⚠️ Mention of manga, may contain spoilers ⚠️

During the third month of my return and after teaming up with Higuruma, Hana finally makes her appearance and rescues Megumi.

In the next panel, Megumi wakes up, Hana greets him, but he addresses Yuji instead.

"How long was I out of commission?"

"Itadori..."

Megumi looks annoyed seeing the redhead in a bathrobe with a cup.

"Pfft" Nobara laughs "you got such a beating that you were unconscious for about two days."

Hana seems moved in the next panel, her lips pouting. But before she says anything, a bubble announces the arrival of another character: Takaba Fumihiko.

"Hey! Are you awake already?!" Takaba offers with a smile. "You must be hungry, I brought some food!"

Briefly, they catch up, like how Takaba joined a fight Yuji and Nobara were having, and in the end, they saw Hana Kurusu carrying Megumi through the air...

After Megumi thanks them for the help, Yuji announces cheerfully:

"Hakari has 100 points! But that's not all! Okkotsu has 190!"

"Gojo-sensei has 200, and with Nanami-san, there are another 100 points." Nobara adds.

"With Kugisaki's points, Takaba's, and yours, we have 650!" Yuji announces. "We can help Tsukimi!"

I sigh and pause to think.

Everything seems similar to the original plot, except Satoru and Nanami have earned more points.

I have a bad feeling about Tsumiki because she's actually Yorozu... this won't end well. I keep reading, and the guys talk to Hana. Nobara asks her about the angel, and Megumi bombards her with questions like "Are you the angel? Why did you help me, and why are you in Tokyo colony number 1?"

The angel appears on Hana's cheek to everyone's surprise in the room. The angel tries to explain why Hana saved the dark-haired guy, but she interrupts. The angel proceeds to explain that her technique is based on negating cursed techniques, so barriers and seals are no exception. Also, she lives symbiotically with Hana, so she asks for discretion regarding that.

The panel indicates a knock on the door, everyone directs their attention to where the sound is coming from.

"Oh! It must be Gojo-sensei!" Yuji announces, and I feel a pang of nervousness in my chest. I keep reading, and in the next panel are Satoru and Nanami.

Nanami wears his usual suit, Satoru wears the school uniform, but he doesn't wear his dark blindfold.

"Good job!" Satoru congratulates the guys with a thumbs up. The next panel shows Nanami sitting with his arms crossed, and Satoru looking around curiously. "Where's the angel?"

"That's me," she says. "Why all the fuss? What do you want from me?"

"We want you to remove a seal," Nobara explains.

"It's the confining prison, a cursed object of special grade," Megumi adds.

Satoru laughs confidently before asking:

"Do you think you can do it?"

I can't help but feel excited; the guys are trying to open the back door of Gokumonkyo so I can return.

I want to go back.

It also makes me glad to see Satoru has regained his confidence. I smile to myself; I can't wait to see him again.

I miss him.

"Yes, I probably can."

Satoru raises a victorious fist while Yuji and Megumi fist bump.

"But first, I need you to cooperate with me... then I'll remove the seal."

"What do you want?" Satoru asks with a confident sideways smile.

"Do you expect us to take down all the players who have incarnated?" Nanami asks with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm not that greedy, I just need to take care of one: the disgraced one."

"I promise that if you help me kill that player, I won't hesitate to help you."

In the next panels, there's a look of surprise, especially from Yuji and Nobara. Megumi looks at Satoru who simply smiles.

"Hey..." Nobara seems to realize something. "Does she mean-?"

"We'll help," Satoru confirms, interrupting Nobara.

The angel interrupts, warning that a large group of players has broken through the barriers. It's Kenjaku's plan, who has proposed government members to hunt sorcerers.

Tch. How annoying.

This maneuver by Kenjaku only delays the angel from undoing the seal of the back door...

Anyway, I set the phone aside and sit, trying to focus on my cursed energy, as I've been doing since I returned.

In the next chapters, the fight between Choso, Yaga, and Kenjaku unfolds, then Yuki joins, and amid explanations of Kenjaku's power and how it can affect Tengen, Yaga dies at Kenjaku's hands, and then Yaga, who fights to the end against Kenjaku with no results... Kenjaku takes Tengen.

Then things go awry because of Kenjaku's plan, who brings within the barriers a large military patrol of non-sorcerers armed to kill. Kenjaku plans to use them as a source of cursed energy to complete the ritual of uniting Tengen with humanity.

Another month passes in my world, and the guys barely manage to gather: Hana, Nobara, Megumi, and Yuji with Maki, who confirms that Kenjaku has taken Tengen.

"Where's Gojo and Kento?" Maki asks, crossing her arms.

"Gojo-sensei is with Nanami-san and Okkotsu-senpai in another colony," Megumi replies.

"I called Gojo," Nobara comments, "they should be on their way here."

They discuss a little more, especially Megumi and Maki with Kogane about the rules they want to add. Finally, Kogane announces:

"A player has added a rule to the sacrifice games! A player can leave the game if they use 100 points..."

>>"to invite a new player to the colony as a substitute."

"Okay, Maki," Megumi asks, "bring Tsumiki to this colony."

"Uh?" Yuji seems pensive. "Tsumiki is a player but is outside the colonies?"

"Isn't it safer to send her the points?"

"Duh, idiot," Nobara gives Yuji a slap. "It's against the rules."

"The first and the second," Megumi says seriously, "she could lose her cursed technique and die when she leaves the game."

After another brief exchange of words, Tsumiki arrives and greets everyone. Nobara and Yuji give a short bow to Megumi's sister.

Megumi wastes no time and gives Tsumiki 100 points.

Nobara, Yuji, and Hana suddenly gather and murmur:

"Have you noticed he acts differently with his family?" Yuji says, and the girls laugh.

"How cute~~" says Hana. The three earn a glare from the dark-haired boy.

"We gave you 100 points, so you can leave the game," Megumi warns her. "Maki told you about the institute, right?"

Oh no.

"Kogane... add a new rule." Tsumiki orders. "It allows entry and exit between the borders of the colonies."

Damn it! Sukuna is going to take over Megumi's body! And no one knows it! Satoru, where's Satoru?