Chapter 10

Satoru laughs and rests his hands on his hips, carefree. I hear Sukuna clicking his tongue.

"Heh~ What's wrong, Sukuna? Did I catch you off guard?" he taunts. He's not wearing his blindfold, his blue eyes shining dangerously.

But I don't think he's using his technique; after all, Yuji has only ingested a couple of fingers.

I take the opportunity to carefully wipe away my tears and sigh in relief.

"Tsk... you'll pay for this," he says, looking at me, running his thumb over his lower lip with a smirk. I furrow my brow and roll my eyes, annoyed.

Satoru steps in front of him, hands in his pockets. Meanwhile, Sukuna straightens his clothes, ignoring him as if the blow he received was nothing.

"Come on, brat, what are you waiting for?" he speaks into the air, and in an instant, the marks disappear from his face, his small eyes close, and he seems to lose height and body.

Leaving in his place a young boy: Yuji.

"Y/n-san!" the boy bows, not looking at me. "I'm so sorry! I swear I tried to switch with him earlier, but I couldn't!"

He clasps his hands in front of him.

"It's okay..." I nod tiredly, knowing it's not his fault. "Go rest, you have a long day tomorrow."

His stomach growls, and he silently clutches his belly with both arms, bows again, and leaves. I can tell his ears are red, poor kid.

In the end, he was hungry... but which one of them? Or both? Hmm... weird.

I place my hand over the trail of kisses he left on my neck, looking at the ground, thankful that Satoru arrived in time. The minute could have ended, and the switch would have left me in a more awkward situation.

"Did he hurt you?" Satoru's soft voice surprises me, along with his warm hand on mine.

My eyes meet his, and I gently shake my head, a slight pout on my lips.

"Let me see," he says, not giving me time to react. He leans in, removes my hand, and examines my neck.

His other hand takes my chin gently, and I swallow. This closeness makes me nervous. He remains silent, his eyes narrowing in seriousness, and I remember that Satoru usually discusses everything in his mind; he tends to maintain a relaxed demeanor with others.

I chuckle softly, without humor, briefly. I raise my hand and take his, which is still on my chin.

"It's okay, Satoru, you can voice your thoughts out loud," I ask. "Did he leave a mark? I didn't feel him bite me... although it sounds crazy: he was kissing me."

I inquire. He shakes his head with a furrowed brow.

"Ryomen Sukuna, was kissing you? What happened?"

To my surprise, he sounds genuinely annoyed. I sigh.

"That day when I arrived..." I explain that Yuji accompanied me with Yaga. "Well, it was mere curiosity," I scratch my neck uncomfortably... I guess I shouldn't have touched him," I touched Yuji's face and the scars he has on his cheekbones.

Satoru is focused on what I'm saying, his face close to mine, my hand still holding his.

"Sukuna appeared on the boy's cheek and threatened me, said he almost tore my hand off for touching him, and now I believe him," I comment. "Just now, Yuji took my hands to say goodbye, I guess that was enough for Sukuna to take control."

"He said he was going to eat me because I was a mere mortal, and before I could respond, he kissed me."

I reply with a shiver, Satoru straightens up and clicks his tongue, his hand gently releasing mine.