Chapter 21

The only proper meal I had was the KFC chicken bag that Choso brought to this death hole when he was talking to Kenjaku.

Kenjaku has kept me alive with controlled rations of water and some weird soup they give me from time to time I guess, because I have no sense of time whatsoever.

However, even though he thinks he knows "everything" because he believed the lies I told him, he has made sure that some curse attacks me every day.

They take me to what seems like a large, damp space, which I suppose is some sewer base beneath the city. I can't use my technique to alter the reality of the weapons they attack me with; Hanami took away the evil sprouts at Kenjaku's order, and since then, I can only use my cursed energy to launch some attacks or defend myself.

But still, this is weakening me every day: in the last battle, I ended up with a cut on my forehead and a bleeding nose left untreated. I don't know how much longer I can endure, and most likely, this is a tactic for when we find Satoru.

What a problem. I must have cuts and scratches all over my body, and I know because of the constant burning: I can't make sudden movements; everything hurts.

Feverish, I've had hallucinations about my home, or at least that's what I suppose because I have no other possible explanation.

The door is opened again. I look up and see that it's Choso; I smile faintly and chuckle briefly.

"W-What?" I ask weakly, and after coughing, I spit something with a taste of iron and realize it's blood. "Is it time for another fighting session?"

However, Choso doesn't respond; he leans down to me, and I, lying on the floor, am picked up like a sack of potatoes, heavily falling over his shoulder.

"Hey! Put me down!" I give a couple of weak hits on his back. "Where's Hanami? Hey, answer me!" I demand, and my throat hurts from the effort.

I cough again, and outside, I notice that indeed I'm coughing up some blood. This is not good.

"Hmp," is all Choso responds, and in an instant, everything turns black.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Uh? Is she dead?" I feel a shaky voice asking.

Ugh, I'm starting to regain my senses about my surroundings; I guess Choso knocked me out.

"I don't think so, Geto-sama wouldn't have left us watching over a dead person," comments another livelier voice, and I feel my right cheek being poked by something, a finger.

My eyes squint, and I see two young girls looking at me attentively; the lighting of the place is dim, and I slowly sit up before the now surprised young women.

"I told you, Mimiko!"

"Be careful, Nanako!" the other one exclaims, moving away.

"Huh? Where are we?"

"Geto-sama told us you have to stay here," Mimiko timidly comments. Nanako nods with a proud expression on her face.

"If you don't want trouble, you better stay where you are," Nanako crosses her arms.

I don't have time to say anything else; footsteps resonate to my right along with the sound of something dragging. I turn my head to find Jogo carrying an unconscious Yuji Itadori.